Best ram for gigabyte Z77 UD5

Associate
Hi got this motherboard waiting for ivybridge , thing is i noticed that kingston grey 2x4 gb kits are £30 was about to get a second set as i have 2 sticks already running in a 775 q6600 system at 1333mhz , i havent messed with the timings though they are the common 1600mhz rated here on overclockers .

However just browsing these forums some people are expressing concerns on sandybridge systems at running 4x4 gb , and lowering the voltage even on two sticks to under 1.6 volts .

Iv looked in the z77 manual and cant find no details specific to the recommended voltages , however the gigabyte website says it does have support for these modules , but that doesnt mean it is the best choice ?

Should I have concerns at getting another two ? should I be looking at using them at all ? would there be better alternatives for this board with lower standard power usage , this board will overclock ram iv just learnt from the gigabyte website although 1600 mhz is the top supported version .

What would be the best for this board , im not bothered if I dont use my existing kingston ram if there is better options , nor heatsink issues , as im using an antec 620 kuhler . though I do think low profile metal sinks are better than flash chunky plastic ones . Any suggestions please ?

Caporegime
That ram will run fine,what I ment was there's some hoopla about big ram speed increases on ib,but you won't know till its released,my z68board let's you select from 1333,1600,1866,2133 and,2400 mhz,so z77 will be the same maybe even higher

Caporegime
Interesting , cheers , so just hold fire for now and use the 8GB kinston hyperX for now , or later this month I mean and review from there .

What Ivy Bridge will support or run isn't what's important.

It's the difference it makes to overall performance for the uses you're going to make of your PC.

When you're checking reviews at the end of the month see what difference faster RAM actually makes and base your buying decision on that.

Soldato
From what I’ve read about RAM so far, it seems the high premium for faster RAM isn’t worth it, I went for 16GB (2x8GB - I know its overkill) as it was on offer the other day and it’ll be more than enough for the next “few” years, even if it might be on the relatively slow side.

Back
Top Bottom