1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best replacement fan for PSU?

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by LuckyBenski, Oct 18, 2018.

1. LuckyBenski

Wise Guy

(possibly should be posted in General/Overclocking & Cooling)

Hi all, have a PSU which has now become my noisiest component due to water cooling the rest.

It's an EVGA 600B and the system only draws ~350W under full stress test on a hot day. I figured I will just replace the fan as I have plenty of 120mm spares lying around and I know my way around a PCB.

What are the considerations? Static pressure? Airflow? Low start voltage? I was planning to compare the existing fan with my spares and find something quieter but which 'feels' like the same airflow at a given voltage.

Any suggestions?

2. VonScar

Hitman

I would be more concerned about opening a device that stores a lot of electricity in its capacitor even when it is turned off. The rule of thumb with power supplies is to not even consider opening one up.

I suggest you get a power supply that is a known "quiet" PSU. Safer and surely not that expensive, and you can then just sell your existing supply to mitigate the outlay.