Best small'ish family car for £10k?

Man of Honour
Again though, how many people want a 160ps turbo petrol engine in a Yeti? Doesn't seem like it would be a priority for the usual buyers for that sort of car.
I would potentially :)
Occasionally I window shop for SUVs for my wife, and a common issue with some of the cheaper marques is the engines are a little underpowered. Basically what tends to happen is they will have the same engines as lighter cars like hatchbacks and estates, so e.g. there will be engines in the 100-130ps range. I understand why because it must be more efficient to just use the same engines across multiple models but still frustrating when you find a car that seemingly ticks all the boxes except a 10s 0-60 time.

Soldato
Thanks she quite likes the Juke but I personally think they are hideous.

This thread is pretty pointless as its clear she picks cars based on looks/exterior design which makes it entirely subjective.

The 'best' small-ish car for around £10k will be a Golf DSG and its VAG various incarnations, not crap like the Juke or Captur.

Man of Honour
The new Puke has a much larger boot than it used to (not hard), but I don't think you'd get one for £10k in the current climate.

Nissan dealer near me has them from around £6K - cheapest not reserved is a 2017 model in white for £8790 w/ 24K miles on it - most are around 20K though. (EDIT: Not the new model though - that is 20+K).

Shame Nissan didn't revisit the Pulsar with a bit of conviction though - roll out the Tekna trim as standard, tweak some of the cheaper looking/feeling bits, bit of a tune up on the handling and engine performance it would be a pretty decent vehicle.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
ive been tempting to buy the Pulsar, just really like the look of those

I'm still keeping half an eye out for one at a good price for a second car but the decent ones seem few and far between and/or a long way from me when they do come on sale.

Underboss
when i posted about what cars to get a while ago i was told to avoid the pulsar, are they any good ? have you driven one ?

i think as they only made them for a few years, not many people bought one, so prices are higher than i would pay for one really
id get my myself an auto in Tekna trim

Back
Top Bottom