'Best' sounding bike in your opinion?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
What is your ultimate favourite sounding bike and with what exhaust/system on? I always liked the screaming IL4's, but there're couple V-Twins and Parallel Twins that aren't bad either.

YouTube videos are welcomed! :D

Soldato
Favourite is a large cc V-twin with straight-throughs... usually Yamaha.
Harleys kinda have too much grumble and not enough bark.

Screaming IL4 for me usually means I'm burning too much fuel and really ought to slow down and/or change up if I still want to eat this month!! :D

Soldato
RSV4 or Tuono V4R with an Austin racing can. Pure race bike sound. Added videos:

Second - Ducati L-twin (watercooled ones with wet clutches, not a fan of the bag of spanners sound of the early dukes with dry clutches when they're idling) with a full Termi system.

Third - Aprilia Rotax V-twin 1000cc.

You'd think the ducati and aprilia engine bikes would sound the exactly same, but but they don't, they have their own distinctive sound. The Aprilia has a much 'smoother' noise, whereas on the Ducati you can almost hear each cylinder firing. And in real life the Ducati sound has more bass and a bit more 'rasp', a more angy sound IMO - they can both wake the dead though, a sound you 'feel' more than you hear :D

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
someone made that from clips, it wasn't that low res when it was on itv 4

I know but the sound suffers a lot on the 1080p already, so 480p is just terrible. I've a plugin which filters through the videos, so anything below 720p I won't see at least someone posts something here with a link. :p

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP

Shots fired! :cool:

Edit

I'm still suprised no one mentioned the Nuda 900R. :eek:

Edit2

Ups... forgot about ZX2-R that bike sounds like an F1 car! :D

ZX2-R vid had couple poo (*****) words in there... :/ Type in 'Ninja ZX2R - Best Sounding Bike Tom Has Ridden! 20K RPM!'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom