Best SSD to put in inspiron 7559 gaming laptop

Associate
Hi All,

Need to put an m.2 SSD into my Dell inspiron 7000 series 7559 gaming machine.
http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk...pport/product/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/manuals

For the life of me, i cant see anywhere in the tech spec's if it supports and NVMe m.2 drive.

Could someone recommend a drive to go for?
I have been looking at the samsung 850 evo M.2 SATA SSD, which can be had for around the £90 mark.
Ideally want around 250GB of space. Could make do with 128GB though probably.

Cheers

Soldato
Any advice on how to migrate to a new drive in this laptop?

I've got the standard 128GB SSD and then the separate 5400 1TB disk. I've got lots of odds and sods on the SSD that I'd prefer to not have to re-install so would look to clone if possible?

Should I replace the 128GB with a larger SSD (understand this needs to be an m.2 sata?) - but then how would I clone to it, given the m.2 sata slot is already used? Alternatively I guess I could just buy a normal SSD and stick it in the slot consumed by the 1TB 5400 disk? and move my data off to a standalone drive and then back on?

Any thoughts appreciated, as I wanted to start doing a bit of gaming and the SSD doesn't even have enough space to install a single game at the mo!

Associate
has anyone tested putting an nvme drive in there? physicaly it should fit as there is no second notch for sata only slots right? have googled and some say nvme should work and some say it doesnt so has anyone actually tested it?

Back
Top Bottom