Best streaming solution - AMD and non-Steam games

Associate
I've been trying to find out recently (without much success), what the best solution is for streaming non-Steam games from my PC to my TV. These days I play more games through Windows XBOX Live subscription and Epic than I do through Steam. I've got an AMD setup so Nvidia shield isn't the best solution, or steam big picture mode.

I've got a Samsung smart TV but it doesn't have AMD link.

Ideally I'd like to plug in a couple of control pads and play the racing games etc. that are on xbox live.

Man of Honour
I've been trying to find out recently (without much success), what the best solution is for streaming non-Steam games from my PC to my TV. These days I play more games through Windows XBOX Live subscription and Epic than I do through Steam. I've got an AMD setup so Nvidia shield isn't the best solution, or steam big picture mode.

I've got a Samsung smart TV but it doesn't have AMD link.

Ideally I'd like to plug in a couple of control pads and play the racing games etc. that are on xbox live.

Can't you just add the games to steam as non steam games, that way you still get all the steam functionality to do this.

Associate
OP
Didn't know you could do that! I'll give it a try as I have steamlink working and setup with an old Xbox 360 controller

Associate
As Vince says, add the games to Steam should be fine.

There's also Moonlight: https://moonlight-stream.org/ not tried it myself but I've seen it mentioned by others on the forum quite a bit!
Edit: can't see a samsung client for moonlight, only LG. Could still be an option if you have another client device attached to the tv though

Associate
OP
I tried this tonight, downloaded Forza 5 on Gamepass. I can get it streaming, the only problem is that the trigger buttons on my Xbox controller aren't detected :-\

Back
Top Bottom