Best sub £150 phone?

Caporegime
OP
Did you get the Elephant S8?
I have been looking at it even though have the Umidigi Crystal, just the "chin" is annoying

I got the Maze Alpha, by accident, wanted the Elephone S8 but….anyway

I use the Maze Alpha along with my iPhone in Japan for 2 weeks, what I found is this.

1 - GPS location is slow, REALLY slow, so slow in picking up where i am I gave up using it and turn the phone into a wifi hub so my iPhone can hotpot into it and use my iPhone 6.
2 - The Battery life is great, the days that some reason Hotspot didn't work on the Maze Alpha so couldn't use my iPhone, the Maze Alpha can easily last a whole day.
3 - It's quick enough, easy enough to use.
4 - Fingerprint sensor is not that good, it keep not reading my finger, because of the all glass the phone gets really mucky, much more than my iPhone and for the "muck" would stop me unlocking the phone.
5 - I was glad to have it though because I can change the APN for the sim in Android but can't figure out how to do that with the iPhone.

In the end, it did what I intended it to do, served me well in Japan but the really BAD GPS location lets it down, to the point that I don't think I can use it as a daily.

Associate
Thanks mate, I think the Umidigi has decent GPS (from Redskulls youtube video) not used It myself. I don't find the fingerprint sensor that bad on my handset, maybe different sensor but not sure.

Soldato
Bit miffed at the mo, my Maze Alpha while in this case https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072VT7WWQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title dropped onto the pavement from my shirt pocket earlier today, didn't realise until a while later that phone appears to now be dead. No marks on phone, power button does nothing, plugging USB-C lead into phone from my pc doesn't do the Windows 10 chime of new device being connected. Doesn't look good, but I'll give it the weekend before declaring it definitely dead. :(

While the 6" screen was handy for web browsing, I think if I have to replace it, then I'll be looking for something smaller and lighter... Plus under £150!

Any suggestions from personal experience from what's out there in 2019?

Back
Top Bottom