Best VR title you can lose hours to?

Caporegime
Is there currently anything that can hold your attention for hours at a time which is a fully fleshed out game?

I'm wishing there was something like NMS but with much more varied missions and focussed more.on combat than resource management.

Soldato
Any advice for getting into elite?

What do I need to buy? a Hotas?

HOTAS and Voice attack with HCS plugins...Take the game to another level.

Takes a bit of time to set up but.. well worth it.

Says the man who hasn't had the time to play for months and months..

The wife is away this week so I may use that opportunity to get it all set back up again. Now how can I hide a warthog

Soldato
Personally I've found the most fully fleshed out games are on Playstation VR. Specifically the ones I've spent the most time playing are Wipeout: omega collection and Firewall: zero hour. Not really the genre you were after though!

If you're into star trek then bridge crew would also probably appeal to you.

Caporegime
OP
I have firewall zero hour and although good, is a bit spoiled by the waiting around in lobby's and drift on the aim controller.

I like wipeout but I want a world you can get lost in.

On the fence with NMS as I don't actually own it and keep reading different things about how blurry it is and I'm trying to guage if it's my kind of game.

Soldato
If you still like Minecraft it's by far the best way to play it and makes the 2D version seem pointless! The rogue dungeon game could be superb in VR assuming they add the support.

I must try Subnautica as I can only do seated or teleport in VR so swimming may be OK too for me.

Soldato
On the fence with NMS as I don't actually own it and keep reading different things about how blurry it is and I'm trying to guage if it's my kind of game.

It's great when you have some focus but just randomly exploring a basically repeating universe is not enough for me to continue playing so I tend to dip back in after updates. Same for Elite as it happens.

Soldato
Skyrim has probably been the biggest and best game I've played in VR - Not the best VR implementation, but the scope is so large I've spent nearly 150 hours playing it.

No Mans Sky is effectively endless, but it takes ages to actually do anything. It rewards the patient, but it's not as focused as something like Skyrim, as it's a procedural game.

Back
Top Bottom