Best way to buy 2x Ultrawide Curved Monitors

Associate
As long as you don't want G-sync or quantum dot you can come under £1.5k with several options. The Acer XR342CK has been £600 for a while (OCUK seem to have run out atm) and then there are a couple of models from LG and Samsung that would also fit the bill. In theory you could also look at the AOC AG352UCG which is a 35" G-Sync MVA panel that may or may not come in under your budget (nobody that has stock has yet sold them at that price but things might improve when the volumes pick up).

Associate
OP
As long as you don't want G-sync or quantum dot you can come under £1.5k with several options. The Acer XR342CK has been £600 for a while (OCUK seem to have run out atm) and then there are a couple of models from LG and Samsung that would also fit the bill. In theory you could also look at the AOC AG352UCG which is a 35" G-Sync MVA panel that may or may not come in under your budget (nobody that has stock has yet sold them at that price but things might improve when the volumes pick up).

I want a monitor that will satisfy me for 5-10 years. Mainly just want aesthetics and pixels to push chrome and IDEs. I don't want to be like "I wish I had X or Y as that's the latest standard now". I'm willing to pay for GSync if it's as good as they say it is + it looks good.

This is what I want to follow - http://imgur.com/a/J0Rhq

Associate
That is very nice, why not pick the same LG displays as that, people seem to like them and unlike gaming monitors they look professional with no stupid lighting, or other silly embellishments. Plus they have a decent number of up HDMI and DP ports in case you need to plug in a Pi or something.

Associate
I have two Dell ultrawides that I currently use. But I have recently added a third ultrawide but went for the Asus gsync ultrawide as I wanted to try out. If I am honest I think I prefer my Dells.

20161122_222546_zpsznguohxl.jpg

Caporegime
That is very nice, why not pick the same LG displays as that, people seem to like them and unlike gaming monitors they look professional with no stupid lighting, or other silly embellishments. Plus they have a decent number of up HDMI and DP ports in case you need to plug in a Pi or something.

This.

Back
Top Bottom