Best way to clean fabric mousepad/game pad

Soldato
Allo - as title really. I've got a 300x800mm fabric gaming surface/mouse pad and was wondered what is the best way to clean the surfaces my hands rest on. I've given it a little scrub with a tiny amount of dishsoap on a microfibre cloth but wondered if there was a better way to get rid of the scuzz!

Ta :)

Man of Honour
Soak in Bath, scrub, rinse, empty bath, sprinkle mat with laundry detergent and a tiny bit of water to make a concentrated mix, scrub, add a bit more water and soak, scrub and then final rinse. Drip dry.

V F

V F

Soldato
Soak in Bath, scrub, rinse, empty bath, sprinkle mat with laundry detergent and a tiny bit of water to make a concentrated mix, scrub, add a bit more water and soak, scrub and then final rinse. Drip dry.

That was quite the challenge for the OcUK Mega XXL pad. It filled the bathtub, then started floating. :cry:

It came up great though.

Soldato
What Zefan said but personally i use delicate fabric detergent, the sort recommended for hand washing delicates.

I worry about the bleaching agents in normal laundry detergents, maybe that's unwarranted but with a black matt i didn't want to chance it. :)

V F

V F

Soldato
I used granules from Miele. I let it dissolve before placing it in. Came up spotless and no bleaching.

• Best washing results at 20/30/40/60/95° C
  • Excellent spot removal even at low temperatures

Associate
Or just save having to properly clean them by getting something like a cordura endgame pad and wiping it down every so often. Old pads like the QCK gave you areas that were slower pretty fast, especially if they absorbed any moisture from your hand while playing.

Soldato
I find just a gentle scrub with a dish sponge with water and a smidge of washing up liquid works fine. reapeat as nessesary.

If you wipe it down often enough, as in whenever you notice any marks it prevents build up of grime making it a realyquick easy job so you dont need to scrub it, more of a wipe down..

Soldato
If you wipe it down often enough, as in whenever you notice any marks it prevents build up of grime making it a realyquick easy job so you dont need to scrub it, more of a wipe down..

Or you do what I do which is leave it until you catch yourself doodling with your fingernail in the muckiest patches. Your way is probably better though.

Back
Top Bottom