Best way to discourage cat from doing its business in my garden

Soldato
I think lemon juice works.

Get a few of these :)

8azu7Tz.jpg

I personally use my squeezed lemon 'husk', take it outside around the borders, rub it around and leave it to decompose back to nature.

I do have a wood chip front, with a trio of rose bush growing, so that does attact them. Been doing it after first spotting the poop. Stopped seeing it a month after...

Permabanned
I have found BB guns and garden hoses to both be quite effective over the years.
Garden hose yes, using a BB gun is a mistake.
If someone shot my cat, very bad things would happen to them :)

I'd ask if the owners are putting down litter trays in the house, if not just throw it back in their garden.

I always scrape it off of the lawn and throw it back over the hedge into the cat owners garden next door!

As a cat owner just do this. My cats are house pets as my girlfriend moved in with them and there's no where for them to go where I live :(

lol at the internet warriors who would hurt someone's pet. People tend to be very protective of their pets and I wouldn't recommend it.

Associate
Feel your pain OP.

I have next doors two cats that live in my garden as they bought an Akita.

They don't often mess in mine luckily, i just chase them off when they do.

I also have the other neighbours cat that does like to go in our garden.

I have been considering lending a relatives jack russell as well its crazy, the only thing putting me off is after chasing the cats away it will be after the Akita.

Caporegime
I had a thread about this which got locked because of the BUT CATS ARE PEOPLE TOO, YOU MONSTER brigade getting all bent out of shape when anyone suggested that no, it is not okay for someone's pet to treat your garden as a toilet.

I can only assume that somehow this has not happened in this thread (I have not read the thread).

Soldato
I've had toddler kids in a garden that neighbors cats have used I threw it back over without anger imho it would be crazy to be violent towards the cat, it isn't being malicious:confused:

If the neighbour wasn't friendly and didn't accept the suggestion of a litter tray, they may not know, I'd be malicious about where the returned gifts were placed, people need to chill out and forget the violent fantasies, it's a bad mindset that will get you in trouble.

A decent garden spray bottle of water is a good training aid if you're prepared to ambush the cat a few times.

Man of Honour
The only thing that worked for me was one of those high pitched beepers that goes off when it detects movement. Putting lots of chilli powder around works well too.

Back
Top Bottom