Best way we update this system?

Associate
I was out the other night with a group of mates and it got onto the topic of gaming and my mate said his pc just struggles to run the games he wants. I said I’d have a look at his spec and knew a forum that I could post on and they’d help spec something best for him (that’s you guys if possible )

he has £1000 budget
He wants to play all the most recent titles
He plays 1080p
I will post a picture below of his current specs . Cheers for any help.

aVVDV4r.jpg

Soldato
The Radeon HD7700 is probably only ok for 720p gaming at may be low/medium settings with no AA enabled, but being an ancient card and with 1GB vram it is not really viable to today's gaming.

The Intel Quad core CPU while is not "bad", but it is also quite slow by today's standard, where even heavily overclock Quad-core system would now be a bottleneck.

I'm afraid it is going to be a full system re-built. If you mate is not familiar with building his own PC, with a £1000 budget I am pretty sure he can find a decent pre-built with like a AMD Ryzen 6 cores/12 threads CPU like 3600, along with a graphic card of around £250~£300 level like the Radeon 5600XT/5700 or RTX 2060.

Soldato
Yep, GPU is slow by todays standards and if that's updated to something capable to modern games, then 4 core/4 thread CPU is going to be bottleneck.
6 core/12 thread is basically minimum for any hope of not bottlenecking seriously in demanding games.
And better plan on upgrading further from that.
Because next-gen consoles coming in fall/before Christmass will bring pretty much underclocked for energy efficiency 3700X with 8c/16t as base level for next-gen games.

Man of Honour
e1226v3 is a 4c4t part akin to the 4670 (non-k)
and that 77xx gpu is anaemic

but as it's using socket 1150...the best cpu upgrade would be the 4790k - probably not a worthwhile upgrade if the budget is £1000
probably best advice would be to chuck it all out (aka sell the whole system) and build a new one from scratch

Back
Top Bottom