Best wireless headset

Associate
Dude I tried the logitech g933... as much as I liked it I had software issues with 2 different sets. Returned it and got the steelseries Siberia 800 s...yes the are expensive but I've never had any problems with vthem and they sound great ...I have read some people said the mic was poor but I play slot of squad and you need good coms and no body as ever said my voice or mic are bad....sometimes if you want the best of something you have to pay the premium...I paid £184, for mine

Associate
OP
Dude I tried the logitech g933... as much as I liked it I had software issues with 2 different sets. Returned it and got the steelseries Siberia 800 s...yes the are expensive but I've never had any problems with vthem and they sound great ...I have read some people said the mic was poor but I play slot of squad and you need good coms and no body as ever said my voice or mic are bad....sometimes if you want the best of something you have to pay the premium...I paid £184, for mine
i expect to pay for quality, i was looking on this headset, but in my opinion they are too massive

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato

How are the Steelseries Siberia 800? I'm really struggling to find good headphones for my needs. Every review somebody always had a problem with some form of aspect with their headphones of any brand. From hiss in menus, to cutting out, to pops and clicks, to poor battery life, to too much bass and mids and highs not good enough. Some not good at picking up footsteps/gun reloads, lack of software tweaks.

Is there a headset that wont produce any subtle hiss when you move between menus in a console? Completely silent?

I'm looking for a good headset that doesn't leak? You can set the EQ to flat/unspoiled, tweak the eq with sliders on the PC and store it to the headset in its memory? I'm looking for something that is fully customizable without manufacturer crappy presets that is one or the other.

I liked how the Madcatz 7.1 headset was HDMI but apparently it has cutting out problems.

Not sure whether to go wireless or wired. Need a headset for both PS4 and PC. Want to hear every little detail footsteps and all without it sounding tinny. Turtle Beach are awful.

Every review I've looked at ticks some boxes but I cannot seem to find it all. I would like a set that plays the sound the way it was meant to be without all these bass boost gimmicks rubbish. Things you can finely adjust should you wish but have the option for clean sound.

Associate
How are the Steelseries Siberia 800? I'm really struggling to find good headphones for my needs. Every review somebody always had a problem with some form of aspect with their headphones of any brand. From hiss in menus, to cutting out, to pops and clicks, to poor battery life, to too much bass and mids and highs not good enough. Some not good at picking up footsteps/gun reloads, lack of software tweaks.

Is there a headset that wont produce any subtle hiss when you move between menus in a console? Completely silent?

I'm looking for a good headset that doesn't leak? You can set the EQ to flat/unspoiled, tweak the eq with sliders on the PC and store it to the headset in its memory? I'm looking for something that is fully customizable without manufacturer crappy presets that is one or the other.

I liked how the Madcatz 7.1 headset was HDMI but apparently it has cutting out problems.

Not sure whether to go wireless or wired. Need a headset for both PS4 and PC. Want to hear every little detail footsteps and all without it sounding tinny. Turtle Beach are awful.

Every review I've looked at ticks some boxes but I cannot seem to find it all. I would like a set that plays the sound the way it was meant to be without all these bass boost gimmicks rubbish. Things you can finely adjust should you wish but have the option for clean sound.

dude let me just say that i am by no means an audio expert to me if it sounds good im happy. If im honest when i first got the 800s i wasnt that blown away with them like i thought i may be . After some tinkering about and getting the settings right they started to rock. I run mine through a xonar u7 via an optical connection....i must stress that to get the most out of the 800s you got to go throught a sound card. To me sound is as good as ive ever heard from any headset ive owned but with it being wireless it just leaves the others behind. I find the battery life good and the extra battery really does give it that extra when comparing these to other wireless headsets. To tell the truth when ever i buy new hardware i always review the hell out of it first and honestly you always get somebody saying something negative about whatever you buy. Some people said they had mic issues, ive never had any , some said the battery life was poor, ive never had any issues with the batteries..Ive never had the headset drop out and loose connection...in fact ive never had any issues with these....tell a lie...they are a bit tight when you first get them but soon become comfortable. It all comes down to the individual m8...i like the 800s ...tryed the g933s but software issues made these a big no no for me ,you might get some and not really like them ..you got to try to see . If i had not bought these i would have got the razer man o wars ....same again ive read good stuff about them and ive read bad things ...let me know what you get chap if you dont mind...btw i do own some very good quality headphones and the idea was to get a mod mic but when ever i sit down to game i go straight for the 800s the wirelss aspect just makes them so much easier to just pick up and use ..i mostly play online fps and at the minute icant stop playing Squad and i can tell you that when the bullets start flying about you really feel like your there..also ive heard vehicles coming way befor anybody in my squad as ..dont know if its down to the 800s but in that game the 8oos really shine..

Associate
I really have my eye on these Siberia 800 but before I purchase, I came across this. This an older series or the same?

Sadly he curses a lot.
https://youtu.be/5zgIYWE2ccE
This is the same series but from a long time ago...I saw this aswell but there are probably 10 good reviews or more to 1 poor review ...like I said to get the very best sound quality from theses you want to be running them through a sound card via optical ...it does make a difference...TBH I looked at the a50s but they were much more money and I found a few reviews that said the 800s were better so it's just a case of taking a chance. If you purchase from the rainforest and you don't like them just return them...happy decision making fella...lol

V F

V F

Soldato
Maybe I'll get them, then some point soon get an amp for it to hook up to the PS4 since I'll be mainly using them on that but wanted a set for both PS4 and PC.

I looked at the A50's but so many complain they're too bassy.

Back
Top Bottom