bet365 boss pays herself £265 MILLION

Caporegime
Can't believe this thread is still going tbh, yes she earns one hell of a lot of money but she isn't one of the bad apples, seems to me she's being singled out for the wrong reasons....

I don't recall any uproar here when Spie (R.I.P.) moved to Switzerland and subsequently Jersey (both appealing locations for those with wealth) yet we have pages of derision for Ms Coates?

Caporegime
Can't believe this thread is still going tbh, yes she earns one hell of a lot of money but she isn't one of the bad apples, seems to me she's being singled out for the wrong reasons....

I don't recall any uproar here when Spie (R.I.P.) moved to Switzerland and subsequently Jersey (both appealing locations for those with wealth) yet we have pages of derision for Ms Coates?

Why post then?

Soldato

That was the exact thing that came to mind when i saw this thread show up again, Everyone congratulated Spie as far as I can remember.

Associate
People in here talk like shes at the corner of the street conning people who walk by. If hsr company didn't exist people would go elsewhere she's not the only bookmaker, and those millions she makes would still ne in gambling circulation.

She can't be blamed if poor people want to waste what little money they have thinking they can win more

Caporegime
Why post then?
Because its a discussion forum and thats my point of view. :rolleyes:

He’s pointing out the double standards.
Yes, quite.

People in here talk like shes at the corner of the street conning people who walk by. If hsr company didn't exist people would go elsewhere she's not the only bookmaker, and those millions she makes would still ne in gambling circulation.

She can't be blamed if poor people want to waste what little money they have thinking they can win more

You can lead a horse to water.....

Caporegime

Indeed, not to mention that she's in charge of an international, online book (are people forgetting what that means???), she's not taking over empty shops in deprived areas and installing FOBT machines!

I suspect that plenty of the poor addicts some of the people are citing when moaning in this thread generally have little to do with the success of this company these days but are instead mostly customers of the high street firms.

I just took the below screen print from Alexia, I'd suspect that it isn't poor people in the favelas of Rio or the slums of Deli that are largely responsible for all that traffic but rather the growing middle class in those countries. Football is popular the world over after all and "bet365" is frankly an easy name to remember and type into a search engine after seeing it in a pitch side advert regardless of your native language.

0rzZrh1.png

Oh no, she's taking in a load of cash from multiple countries around the world and bringing it into the UK and she's the largest private sector employer in her local area. She remains resident in the UK + pays herself a big chunk of the proceeds via salary ergo giving up millions in tax that she could easily avoid.

Not to mention that plenty of people on this forum have had a taste of some of that cash too through taking advantage of various free bet offers from her company.

Caporegime
Always amusing when the Church of England criticises this stuff, in the past it has frequently turned out they’re big shareholders in similar if not worse companies.

Caporegime
I'll be happy to see the back of thousands of bookie stores littering the landscape, i'd rather look into an empty building frankly.

32Red, much like the firm in the OP, has got naff all to do with bookie stores, it is also an online gambling company.

Associate
Record level of customer complaints; mainly for refusing to pay out on winning bets and failing to operate in a socially responsible way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49284169

The Panorama episode is on tonight at 20:30

"Amanda, not her real name, doesn't want to be identified. She was in her 50s when she started betting on an online site called Jackpotjoy."

"She gambled away all her money from the sale of her home. When her father died, she inherited a share of his house, and she lost that on Jackpotjoy as well."

"In total, Amanda lost £633,000. She made her last bet on the day she was made bankrupt"

Seriously how stupid are these people, even the day she was made bankrupt she was still betting. Some people would love to have 633k in there back pockets. Its her own fault.

Soldato
"Amanda, not her real name, doesn't want to be identified. She was in her 50s when she started betting on an online site called Jackpotjoy."

"She gambled away all her money from the sale of her home. When her father died, she inherited a share of his house, and she lost that on Jackpotjoy as well."

"In total, Amanda lost £633,000. She made her last bet on the day she was made bankrupt"

Seriously how stupid are these people, even the day she was made bankrupt she was still betting. Some people would love to have 633k in there back pockets. Its her own fault.

It's a drug addiction, you get addicted to dopamine. Sane sensible people get hooked on gambling. Games manufacturers like Novomatic etc, all employ Doctorate level psychologists to tweak their games with snide level tactics to get people hooked.

Soldato
Looks like this Amanda borrowed as well, as you dont declare bankruptcy just from emptying your bank account, so there was also debts involved.

Man of Honour
After watching the Panorama documentary that was on the other night I have now changed my mind about these gamblers.
I had no idea that these firms will ring you up and deposit money into your account to get you started again.
With one big gambler they put £10,000 into his account.
He was also a VIP so was taken to Ascot, Wembley etc where the VIP Manager acts like your best mate but encourages you to gamble.
They had a print-out of his betting and his mate who he robbed of at least £100,000 was looking at November 2nd and got to 40 pages of transactions before he gave up.

Soldato
I had no idea that these firms will ring you up and deposit money into your account to get you started again.

To be fair, it's been highlighted in this thread numerous times by numerous people. It just doesn't seem to resonate with most because

a) Businesses making loads of money=great (apparently)

b) If people don't understand a particular illness then they are savagely opposed to any form of sympathy towards people who suffer and are exploited by it, "they be stupid, hence they deserve all they get".

It's shocking to think that they'll refuse your custom if you manage to actually regularly win against them, which is the only reason a punter gives them money in the first place.

What is truly disgusting, is their behaviour towards a punter who regularly loses against them. I shudder to think how much money this clearly ill individual lost if a million pound payment to his victims could be justified by Ladbrokes. These are not simply the actions of a company capitalising on a market demand. They make people ill and they keep them there, sucking every last penny regardless of where it comes from.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/dec/17/ladbrokes-wooed-problem-gambler-then-paid-victims-1m

Caporegime
They don't just make people ill, they poison society with ill people, why do people always forget there are families and friend's who have to suffer until they're ruined/forced to detach themselves from the ill person.

And people wonder why anxiety and depression is increasing.

A person can make choices, that's a given, but choosing to exploit... that is not, they should really be banned from advertising or making any statements that can be construed as abusing the customer.

Back
Top Bottom