• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BF1 poor FPS on my 1080ti

Soldato
OP
OC will help a bit but would be more combined with getting ram at its full speed!
does XMP default to 2933 or around that value ? if so leave it at that and don't worry about getting it bang on 3000mhz

yeah, thats the XMP at 2933mhz, but i cant get it too boot when that setting is applied? will BIOS updates might help with that ??

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Is sharing disabled in nvidia experience? What about windows gaming mode? Have you removed references in device manager (view, hidden item) and removed the ghost 1070?

Download GPU-z. Is your 1080ti running at pci-e 3.0?

Soldato
OP
Is sharing disabled in nvidia experience? What about windows gaming mode? Have you removed references in device manager (view, hidden item) and removed the ghost 1070?

Download GPU-z. Is your 1080ti running at pci-e 3.0?

sharing is enabled, should that be enabled or disabled?

Soldato
OP
Strange, I just fired up CS GO and my CPU and GPU were like 20% utilisation and was getting 170-180 fps, so not that high..

But am I correct in saying that if the CPU and GPU are not maxed out there is no bottle-necking going on then? Would it be settings more than anything?

Soldato
An ideal situation is low cpu usage but 100% gpu usage. You want your Gpu maxed out where possible as it means it working to it's full potential. It's the opposite with cpu usage as getting near to 100% means you are probably bottle necking your Gpu.

Soldato
OP
Since changing my RAM speed, my CPU usage is higher for the clock settings and wont go below 39c and before it would idle 34c-35c..

Soldato
Wouldn't worry to much about idle speeds, many when underload unless you were hitting a really higher number would show cooling isn't quite right .
Your using stock cooler as well I believe ?

Soldato
OP
Wouldn't worry to much about idle speeds, many when underload unless you were hitting a really higher number would show cooling isn't quite right .
Your using stock cooler as well I believe ?

Hey orbital, ahh OK, so high 30's ok for Celsius?

Yes, im using the stock Spire cooler, love its looks tbh..

Just started up a game of BF1 AGAIN!! And when I joined a game, i was in the 60's FPS and the CPU load was like 30 odd % and the GPU was at 9% and the fan came on big style? is there a problem with my GPU??

Soldato
OP
I think that since I have setup "GeForce Experience" it has changed the settings and bumped everything up to max, hence the lower FPS and the 99% GPU usage??

Soldato
30s is fine but key thing is to remember your room temp. If you idle was 50c but your room is a desert at 35c that's fine, but if your -10 ice house and it's still 50 then yeah.. issues :)

Soldato
30s is fine but key thing is to remember your room temp. If you idle was 50c but your room is a desert at 35c that's fine, but if your -10 ice house and it's still 50 then yeah.. issues :)

It's surprising how many people don't take this into account tbh. Have seen a lot of people worry over temps compared to what they've had in the past forgetting that the ambient temp is + 20 deg or so in the summer.

Soldato
Hey guys,

I just installed BF1 and went and played some multiplayer, but my FPS readings are poor, real poor..

Im averaging around 100FPS :eek: at 1080p, dipping to the 80's FPS when a lot going on and when not topping around 125-130 FPS..

This is at medium detail settings, WTF?

Can someone please advise me on settings or updates etc to try and rectify this?

My 1070 at high details were getting more than this, so im stumped to what the issue could be?

At 1080p the CPU is the bottleneck not the GPU. I think you've wasted your money.

Soldato
OP
Although I have spent a lot of money on this card, surely it will be relatively future proofed? Also if I decide to change to a 1440 / 4K monitor then I wont have any other hardware to change?

Back
Top Bottom