• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BFG 7900 GT Tearing in Counterstrike 1.6 ???

Soldato
Hi guys recently received my new 7900 and added coolbits and did the optimal clock which came out at 535/800 went in game and started getting nasty tearing :confused: should this be?

Soldato
Hampers the fps in cs? A 7900gt can run cs 1.6 100+ fps no matter what happens, turn V-Sync on as it will show the max amount of fps your monitor can handle, the extra fps the gpu is producing with no v-sync you wont see anyways as your monitor wont show it.

Associate
Not to sound like a Mod here or anything, but I'm sure he isn't THAT stupid :) .

Afterall, he is asking for advice in the best forum in the world!! (well, ok SECOND best :p ).

Associate
Harris, vsync doesn't hamper frame rate because it matches your monitor's refresh rate in frames per second. Therefore, your framerate will match the number of frames your monitor can physically show. If you have vsync off, then your gfx card produces (potentially) too many frames per second, and this appears as tearing on screen. A good example of this is when you run the older 3dmarks such as '01 and '03. I always have vsync on in all of the games I play.

Foxxx - give the guy a break. I'm sure there are plenty of things that you don't know! :eek:

Soldato
I wouldnt turn on v-sync in games that run under 60fps a lot, as the fps will change from 60-30 to try and match the fps to your monitor resolution (and todo that it has to run at exatly 1:1, or 1/2 (it X2 but you only really see 30fps) or 1/4th (showing only 15fps).

Associate
sorry if you get offended and thats against thhe rules, it wasn't meant to be an attack just a jokey ha ha you don't quite get it mate. no insults intended, where i work noob is just a friendly jokey insult that doesn't mean anything

Associate
lol, now my post doesn't make one bit of sense, oh, and as a rule of thumb i always go by, whenever joking about something, I always put a :p at the end of the sentence/post to signify that I am joking.

So put your post back up so i don't look like such a idiot :p .

Soldato
OP
ok i have just applied vsync fired up cs 1.6 and as i stated my fps reverts back to 60fps and won't budge over that! this is why i have vsync disabled in cs as my fps can then be at the usual 100 for counterstrike unless i use developed 1 (which i don't). i think my monitor might be the cause of the tearing keep meaning to buy a 19" Samsung syncmaster 997MB

Soldato
Mate I still dont think you've understood what we're saying.
The refresh rate on your monitor is only 60 - so there is no use having it at over 60 as you wont see them frames per second anyways.

Soldato
OP
i have a crt monitor that's max refresh is 85, i have solved the issue either way, i was forcing my monitor to 100hz, dropped back to 85mhz and cs is fine vsync off and fps 100! and i thankyou :D

NqR

NqR

Associate
dont listen to non csers:)

I ve been playing cs since 1.3 and i can ensure you than i can tell the difference between 60 fps and 100 fps(also between 100hz and 85).

cs1.6 max out at 60 fps when vsynch is enabled.YOU CAN STILL have 100 fps with vsync on but you have to use reforce.Reforce is used to unlock you monitor refresh rates too.

Anw with 120hertz refresh rate you wont notice the tearing with vsync off.

p.s.For all of you that say that 7900gt can handle anything in cs1.6,they are wrong.cs1.6 is 90% cpu dependented.

Soldato
lol, I've been playing cs for years mate i know what im talking about.
Yes there is a difference between 60 and 100fps IF HIS MONITOR CAN DISPLAY IT, with him having a crt its pointless having 100FPS as it wont display it, best he can have is 85.
And if your pc cant manager 100+fps always on cs then theres something seriously wrong or your pc is low spec.

Soldato
Soul Rider said:
100+???

The half-life engine is limited to 100FPS. no + ;)

Really? Go play some cs and type Developer 1 in console, ohh and why not try setting fps_max to 200 for kicks, then report back to me what happens thanks :)

NqR

NqR

Associate
Half life 1 engine can only display 100 fps
Even with developer 1 ,fps may go more than 100fps but it will still display 100 fps in reality.

Back
Top Bottom