• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BFG GTX 280 OCX

Soldato
I just got a 260 for pretty much the same reason.

Still a darn good card that runs cool and quiet. Could almost get a 2nd which would work out costing almost the same as a single GTX 280.

If you really want 280 performance then an overclocked 216sp GTX 260 is supposed to get fairly close.

gt

Associate
OP
Thanks. :)

I'm tempted by a 4870X2 but I don't want to have to rely on individual profiles being written for games before I can take full advantage of both GPUs.

Maybe I should stop being greedy and just get an OC or OC2. :D

Associate
OP
there seem to be abit of low stock on 280's across the board , mite just be me though
Not just you, I've been shopping around and they are a bit thin on the ground.

Why not get your 280 from another brand?, stock cards easily overclock to the same speeds as the pre overclocked ones
Might seem like an odd forum for me to visit but I don't like overclocking components. :)

Back
Top Bottom