• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BIG ASUS PRICE DROPS AT OcUK - UK FIRST!

Soldato
In normal times you'd be expecting it to now be £349.99 so only a couple of hundred to go ;) Seriously though I don't see good prices until AMD, Nvidia and Intel have all their new GPU's out later this year.
Not ideal I know but going in the right direction. :) I can't wait to see the new GPUs too.

Soldato
£1000 for a budget 3080. It needs to be £650

A near 2 year old close to EOL card, that will be totally outclassed in 6 months. The two "extra" :cry: 2GB of VRAM should have been 16GB to start with...

So I think £600 at most for this now, it's not even as you say, a very good 3080.

The 3080ti "Tuf" at £1300 is an absolute sick joke.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Asus...DR6X-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-46D-AS.html

The 3060ti I bought for £480 18 months ago (and I definitely overpaid by £80 for that at the time), is still £578 - how is that possible?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
A near 2 year old close to EOL card, that will be totally outclassed in 6 months. The two "extra" :cry: 2GB of VRAM should have been 16GB to start with...

So I think £600 at most for this now, it's not even as you say, a very good 3080.

The 3080ti "Tuf" at £1300 is an absolute sick joke.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Asus...DR6X-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-46D-AS.html

What you consider a sick joke is a considerable decrease to the £1500 plus it was a couple of weeks back, as such to the point so far today we've sold 11 units alone on that card.

Also the £999 3080 are 12G models and also are TUF and Gaming OC models, not really entry level.
We have 3080 10G models from £789, again cheapest in UK.

The new prices have triggered a lot of sales momentum will be interesting to see if the sales maintain.

Soldato
Incredible all these drops come into play when the next gen is only a few months off and the arse has fallen out of crypto for the most part. Just asus trying to flog what will soon enough be old inventory after pumping the consumer hard up the ring for the last couple of years.

Looking at the progress of BTC value the past year it doesn't seem like the arse has fallen out?

Soldato
What you consider a sick joke is a considerable decrease to the £1500 plus it was a couple of weeks back, as such to the point so far today we've sold 11 units alone on that card.

Also the £999 3080 are 12G models and also are TUF and Gaming OC models, not really entry level.
We have 3080 10G models from £789, again cheapest in UK.

The new prices have triggered a lot of sales momentum will be interesting to see if the sales maintain.

No need to take it personally, it is still a sick joke. I don't hold OCUK repsonsible for the global GPU scandal.

Associate
I'm sure we appreciate what OcUK are doing but the prices are still silly, once decent cards get back to £500-600 I'll finally upgrade my 3 PC's. Until then we're living in clown world

Soldato
I'm sure we appreciate what OcUK are doing but the prices are still silly, once decent cards get back to £500-600 I'll finally upgrade my 3 PC's. Until then we're living in clown world

Why 3 PCs, buy one GPU and create 3 virtual environments splitting resources three ways

Associate
Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC Gaming LHR 12GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £999.95 inc VAT
TUF-RTX3080-O12G-GAMING, Boost Clock: 1740MHz, Memory 12GB 19000MHz GDDR6X, Cuda Cores: 8960, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, NVIDIA Ampere, 8nm Process, Real-Time Ray Tracing, 3 Years Warranty.

I've just received one of these before they went out of stock and it is the NON overclocked variant when it appears OCuk didn't and still doesn't have any of these to sell at the moment. I wonder if I was just the unlucky one to get a mixed box in an Asus delivery or the others that were in stock (now all gone) were also the NON overclock versions.

I've reported this to the RMA team but anyone else order one of these and got the correct version?

Back
Top Bottom