*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
Sleep is a whole other thing for me, probably part of my huge appetite spikes.

Fitbit has now quantified just how bad it is, average around 6 and a half hours or less per week.

Soldato
Permabanned
Oh yeah, my sleeping

Not stressed really but my sleeping times are bad. I generally sleep very deeply but I go to bed seriously late, like rarely before 3am so that's something I should change really.

You looked at if or not you've got delayed sleep phase syndrome? It's something I think I have, basically, you don't feel tired until long after you should. Or is it just you in the habit of youtube when in bed.. in that case thats entirely on you :D

Soldato
You know those are 'on demand' though, so you can watch them whenever you want, it doesn't have to be 2am?! :p

Lol, you're right. I should get out of the screen binging into the small hours. :o

You looked at if or not you've got delayed sleep phase syndrome? It's something I think I have, basically, you don't feel tired until long after you should. Or is it just you in the habit of youtube when in bed.. in that case thats entirely on you :D

I'm not sure really. I love staying up late and watching movies on iPlayer or YouTube or doing something on the computer or doing some late night house cleaning, it's a habit I've always had and generally don't like 'trying' to sleep until I'm absolutely nodding off. :D It would help if I got up much earlier and became more tired earlier at night. But with lockdown and being basically semi retired, my days mostly start late and end late.

Caporegime
Monthly weigh-in day! I lost 0.7kg this month. Quite insignificant at first glance but considering the total rubbish I've eaten the last two weeks, it's an absolute miracle.

A typical 4000 kcal day.

VELNIEK.png

Caporegime
Strange things are happening to the old body now. I can clearly see my belly is shrinking and my moobs have gone from "saggy" to "perky" yet the scales aren't changing. I've only done two strength training sessions and upped my cardio from 3x5Ks a week to 4.

Associate
Found out about intermittent fasting 5 months ago, lost 2 1/2 stone so far, but the biggest gain is how much better my body/gut feels. NEVER been a fan of any type of diet or eating fad, but this has been something else! Highly recommend it and don't let the word 'fasting' put you off.

Associate
Found out about intermittent fasting 5 months ago, lost 2 1/2 stone so far, but the biggest gain is how much better my body/gut feels. NEVER been a fan of any type of diet or eating fad, but this has been something else! Highly recommend it and don't let the word 'fasting' put you off.

Yeah, IF is great.
I've been doing it for 12 years now, way back, when the concept just started to materialise.
From 16/8 to 23/1 omad, that's while running a lot and doing weights training.
Did few 48h too, just to try, was a lot easier than I thought.

Soldato
Weighed myself today and clocked in at 99.8kg. That made me want to sort my **** out. I've not been running much recently so any unhealthiness is just adding weight.

However i then went out during dinner and ended up in greggs and got a baguette, cheese and onion pasty and a caramet doughnut with dr pepper.

That's not gonna help!

Soldato
OP
I seem to be hovering around 14st 11 / 12, which is basically as light as I've ever been. There was a week last May that I think I touched into the 14st 10 region, but recently I would have said my weight had stabilised at 15st 2, so definitely down a few lbs on what I had been. I think it might be muscle loss though, having not been to a gym for a few weeks. At the same time, I think my legs are as strong (maybe big?) as they've been in a long time, due to the fairly intense cycle training I've been doing.

Soldato
My weight loss has slowed from losing 1lb plus per week to ounces per week, it's to be expected but still going in the right direction. I'll start cycling when it gets warmer in the next month or so and, unlike previous springs/summers when I used exercising as an excuse to scoff food, I'll keep controlling the calories so a decent weight loss is probable.

The original plan was to drop from 15 stone to 12 stone 7lb between Jan 2nd and late April. I'm now at 13 stone 9lb so nearly halfway. Hopefully the expected warm weather will prompt some calorie burning.

Good news is my favourite (read only decent) suit now fits beautifully again which is really pleasing, though I've no reason to wear it. My reward once hitting target us to get a designer casual blazer by Boss or similar.

Soldato
Whatsup my dudes? Thought I'd check in as it marks 3 years since my first snapshot which is unfortunately a few months after i started and had the initial big weight loss. I normally post my update in the Gym rats thread but I'll instead post here and link it as the success story is so much more to me than just a new body.

At age 28 I hated my job which didn't pay the bills, had just come out of a toxic relationship and had a fair bit of weight on me. Skip forward three years after i picked up weights for the first time and stumbled through the new lifestyle and I have a great relationship, literately my dream job (I work in food innovation with some of the best chefs) and have a body of a guy most 20 year old's would wish for but in my 30s.

The gym taught me that there was no shortcuts, no stupid fads, no ego that could help me. It taught me how to develop a proper positive attitude and work ethic that bled into other parts of my life and owe all my success to it as a result. There's a lot of fads and oversimplifications that can lead people astray. I'm forever learning, each year i prove my old valuable knowledge to be just a simplification and build on it. For example. initially i got hung up on calories in vs calories out but now I've seen just what a difference nailing that last bit can make when trying to push yourself to the next level - hitting perfect macros against the day's activities, hitting those meal timings, varying intensity - sure that stuff is a lot of effort but its that momentum you gain from knowing you've nailed that last 5-10% of your plan that motivates you to get yourself out there on the hard days and enjoy it.

Honestly, it is surprising what you can achieve naturally with mediocre genetics, no experience and poor confidence so long as you are driven and are willing to embarrass yourself a little. Next year i am hoping to compete on stage for Physique not because I want to win but because I deserve to try.

What is in the way becomes the way. No gyms? Back garden. Raining outside? Get wet. No time to go for the pre-work run? get up earlier. If you can nail it on the bad days, you'll start to enjoy them to the point where every day is your best day :cool:

Back
Top Bottom