'Biggest data grab' in NHS history - links to opt out.

Soldato
more than happy for my data to be centralised (indeed it should have been done ages ago, it is a right pain as my GP can find no record of my childhood vaccinations etc and i have no idea what i had, nore more importantly what i didnt have. )

More than happy for my data to be used in scientific research

more than happy for organ donation to be an opt out rather than opt in (possibly from after a certain age) (and if you do opt out you are bottom of the pile for any transplants).

however in interests of openness i may be biased as i work in genetic research as a computer biologist, and without patient data i would be massively restricted in the data i can use and it would affect the value of the work i do.

Last edited:
Soldato
yep posted it in spam/fishing thread ... but, curiously, they(threat sites) have not yet released details of whose toolkit is involved, or patient zero, some kind of embargo there.

Worldwide health services currently biggest target for cyber attacks, probably lax IT systems, or do foreign powers think that creates greatest political unrest.

Man of Honour
more than happy for my data to be centralised. more than happy for my data to be used in scientific research

more than happy for organ donation to be an opt out rather than opt in (possibly from after a certain age) (and if you do opt out you are bottom of the pile for any transplants).

however in interests of openness i may be biased as i work in genetic research as a computer biologist, and without patient data i would be massively restricted in the data i can use ;)

100%, there's absolutely nothing in my records I would be upset about anybody finding out because I've discussed most of the major ones on here :)

Soldato
OP

Two NHS hospitals in the UK have lost nearly £15 million ($18 million) between them due to the collapse in value of an AI startup.

Last month, The Register reported that seven NHS hospital trusts appeared to have lost millions following deals with Sensyne Health – a fledgling AI business trying to discover and develop new medicines – which saw company shares exchanged for patient data.

Talk about fail before you even start.

:D

Soldato
Sensyne investment they just put NHS data into the deal in return for future equity , presumably they'll get the data back, but no reimbursement for resources they had used doing that ..

other than deepmind/google, are there other companies working with other foundations ...who've made more progress

Man of Honour

You wouldn't want someone like him in charge of a security breach.

Interestingly not the only case of that with the NHS.

EDIT: Though there is a serious side to that situation and his lack of qualification could have resulted in a harmful outcome, I'm somewhat on the fence when it comes to the confiscation order as by all reports he did a better job than the previously fully qualified people in that role LOL.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom