Bike shopping - Which one

Soldato
Need some help guys. I’ve spoke about this in another thread, but thought it easier I just start a new one.

I have a budget really of £4000. But need £180 for a Alamax chain.

I’ve managed to join the MT07 owners page, I’m dead set on the MT07, nice entry bike! I really do like the purple wheels and frame type bike

So I have a few options. But don’t know which to go for (all 2014):

1) 8k millage, no exhast, FSH, colour I like. £3500.

Problems: Still have £3000 outstanding HPI (which I’l pay on the day), works for a yam dealer, Leaving the country so wants a quick sale…. 3hours 30 drive away

2) 15k milage, Akra, FSH, guy builds bike so its been very well looked after, colour I like £3750, 2hr 50 away

3) 6k millage, Mivv exhast, FSH, Matt Grey, £3600 4hours drive away.

4) 3600 milage, R&G bobbins, heated grips, tail tidy, Akra, £4000 (wont budge) 2hours 30 away.

5) 33k milage, no mods, £3000

I'm leaning toward 2 and 4!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd find one closer to home. Minimum 2.5hrs drive away, sod that! It's not like they're rare bikes! Then go and look at them if they're close and do a deal.

When I was looking at VFR's I waited until the was one closer to me, I looked at a couple, one 40 mins away, one 5 mins away. Bought the second one. Didn't have to wait long, I'd sold the CB400 on the Saturday and put down a deposit the following Tuesday on the VFR.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Bloody hell 33k miles in 3 years.. crazy!!! I agree with above 2 and 4 sound decent... also number 3 seems an alright price
Nothing unusual if the bike is your only transport, I've done 14k from May till April. I haven't ridden my bike lately, as I messed up my wrist a bit and now I'm on antibiotics... :(

Soldato
Nothing unusual if the bike is your only transport, I've done 14k from May till April. I haven't ridden my bike lately, as I messed up my wrist a bit and now I'm on antibiotics... :(
Depends how far you travel. Done 16k on my bike in 4 years and have used it every single day (apart from a few months during my accident) since owning it :p

Soldato

Yeah I suppose my travelling isn't that far compared to others, I only have a bike and don't have a car licence... I do 10 miles a day that's it lol still 33k seems mental

Did you injure yourself on the bike?

Man of Honour
Over 20k miles in under 2 years here.

Out of those 5 I'd probably go for 4 low miles, decent extras and the closest. Also if you pull £3750 out in cash when you arrive they may well be swayed never mind how much they stick by £4k without seeing a stack of notes.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Depends how far you travel. Done 16k on my bike in 4 years and have used it every single day (apart from a few months during my accident) since owning it :p
True
Yeah I suppose my travelling isn't that far compared to others, I only have a bike and don't have a car licence... I do 10 miles a day that's it lol still 33k seems mental

Did you injure yourself on the bike?
I've done my car license when I was 18, got my A2 license 2 weeks after my 19th Birthday. :)

Yeah, basically it was a mixture of crappy suspension, dip in the road and going too harsh on the throttle from that turn. I got a bad tank slapper at higher speed, after I came out from a corner on 1 wheel lent over during the landing is when it happened. I don't remember much, don't know how I stayed on the bike tbh...
Over 20k miles in under 2 years here.

Out of those 5 I'd probably go for 4 low miles, decent extras and the closest. Also if you pull £3750 out in cash when you arrive they may well be swayed never mind how much they stick by £4k without seeing a stack of notes.
10k a year is easily done :D Yep, that's how I make most deals, I take the cash out and say look here's how much I have, take it or leave it. Who knows when the next serious buyer will come with cash in hand...

I think I'm gonna go for option 4. Based on 3600 miles, I could sell the Akra and buy a cheaper if need be... plus all the extras!!
IXILL is a nice exhaust for the MT07, you can get some money back from the mods.

Soldato
True

I've done my car license when I was 18, got my A2 license 2 weeks after my 19th Birthday. :)

Yeah, basically it was a mixture of crappy suspension, dip in the road and going too harsh on the throttle from that turn. I got a bad tank slapper at higher speed, after I came out from a corner on 1 wheel lent over during the landing is when it happened. I don't remember much, don't know how I stayed on the bike tbh..

Bloody hell mate that sounds a bit of a bad one, Glad your ok though bud, sounds like a Isle of man TT incident :p

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Bloody hell mate that sounds a bit of a bad one, Glad your ok though bud, sounds like a Isle of man TT incident :p
3-4 weeks before this happened I crashed on oil doing 50mph, I was building my confidence up and pushed too hard. The 70 profile tyre at the front going from a 60 gives so much more grip and confidence... ehh I'll tone it down a bit.

I would go for number 4, give him 3750 in cash and ask him, when will a next serious buyer come with cash in hand.

Back
Top Bottom