Bike: where do I get the chassis / VIN and engine number?

Soldato
Filling out the datatag paperwork for my CBF125 and it asks for the 'Chassis / VIN number' and the 'Engine number'. Looking around on the bike, the only thing I can find is a plate on the front that looks like this:

Is that what I need?

Help a noob :o :(

*edit* just found this site: http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/VINNumberFAQ.htm - seems that's the VIN plate. Now to find the engine number.

Last edited:
Soldato
The engine number will be on the engine and log book as mentioned, however the log book might not be complete, for my VFR the log book gives 'NC13E' as the engine number, but that's just the designation for the vfr engines, it's followed by '-xxxxxxx' for the actual full number...

Associate
Frame number is usually also stamped on the headstock.

Engine number is usually on the engine on the right hand side just above where the clutch cable ends.

That is the case with virtually all the Hondas I've had (exception being the VTR which has a hydraulic clutch on the left)

Soldato
OP
Frame number is usually also stamped on the headstock.

Engine number is usually on the engine on the right hand side just above where the clutch cable ends.

That is the case with virtually all the Hondas I've had (exception being the VTR which has a hydraulic clutch on the left)

Hmmm, can't see it:

*edit* Found it - left side, right at the bottom of the crank case. Had to look up in the manual where it was. Thanks all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom