Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
There's 1 pair of size 11 in my local J&S, hopefully no one will buy it. I'll go down there on Saturday. :) I need to get some summer gloves too, I'm thinking of trying out IXS. My Dainese are too big by a size, Large seems to be the correct fit as M's are way too short.

It sucks having big skinny hands. :(

BTW I usually go slower and slower if someone sits on my rear staying close to the middle. But still blocking enough space on the inside to stop the car from undercutting me. They usually give up or try to overtake.

wazza300 can do the killswitch trick that should scare them off. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll be having words with the driver tomorrow, I told him before we went separate ways if he does it again, I'll throw his car keys into the bushes so he can search for hours, either that or back hand the **** :p

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
9inches so an L :)

If the talk doesn't work, there're nice sharp bolts you can get for cheap or you can always do some custom paint art on his car. :D

Soldato
Explain to him that if you have to brake sharply, and lock up, then go down, he'll be running over your head within seconds of him knowing what's going on. And how would he like to explain to your parents that he's killed their son?

That should hit home - you don't need to be a dick in return, just explain why it's so ****ing dangerous, in simple but blunt terms.

If he still doesn't care, slash his tyres. :p

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Idiots don't understand no matter how you put it, give him a warning and if not than slash the tyres. But don't say you'll slash his tyres :p

Associate
There's a complete **** on a 1200GS that i see frequently on my commute, he does that and also filters (more weaves tbh) when the traffic is going the speed limit.

I tend to go with the flow if traffic is moving, only filtering when near stationary.

Whats the feeling on undertaking something sat in the right hand lane? I normally sit behind them, but today I did a cheeky undertake on a DC when a van didn't want to move over...

Soldato
I tend to go with the flow if traffic is moving, only filtering when near stationary.

Whats the feeling on undertaking something sat in the right hand lane? I normally sit behind them, but today I did a cheeky undertake on a DC when a van didn't want to move over...

It isn't classed as undertaking if you're doing the speed limit and happen to overtake in the left lane.

Plus, just do it fast enough to get passed quickly rather than hanging around on their left where they're less likely to look at before they move over.

Associate
It isn't classed as undertaking if you're doing the speed limit and happen to overtake in the left lane.

Plus, just do it fast enough to get passed quickly :p

lol, whats worrying me is that with the acceleration on the new bike, it's too easy to shoot up the left and get back in lane. I'm trying really hard to be sensible ;) :p

Soldato
Yeah I think if you purposely change lanes to undertake then it's 'illegal' but if you're already in the left lane and just carry on that's fine.

TBH, with the amount of middle lane morons out there, it's easier just to undertake rather than trying to get them to see what they're doing... most don't think they're doing anything wrong, and will flash you as you pass... :rolleyes::mad:

Man of Honour
The best one is there's a bit on my commute home it's a 40mph dual carriageway but there's almost always cars parked on this particular bit just enough so all the cars have to move over to the right hand lane but there's loads of room for me to stick to the left and carry on, the amount of cars that indicate to move over before the cars but then just try floating back into the left on top of me is mental.

I can spot the ones about to do it a mile off so I have my "****ing ******" hand gesture ready and waiting.

Soldato
Explain to him that if you have to brake sharply, and lock up, then go down, he'll be running over your head within seconds of him knowing what's going on. And how would he like to explain to your parents that he's killed their son?

That should hit home - you don't need to be a dick in return, just explain why it's so ****ing dangerous, in simple but blunt terms.

If he still doesn't care, slash his tyres. :p

I have explained that to them many times, even the other biker lads have said it's not on, but their reply is 'its only a laugh, lighten up' yeah you'll be laughing when I'm under your wheels :mad:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Man of Honour
BTW I usually go slower and slower if someone sits on my rear staying close to the middle. But still blocking enough space on the inside to stop the car from undercutting me. They usually give up or try to overtake.

I thought you didn't have a licence yet?

Back
Top Bottom