Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
I nearly ran someone down today!

Clear road, turning round a wide curving corner into another clear road, had some lean on the bike but doing 25-30ish. A guy just walks into the road, I brake which pulls my bike upright, rather than get back out the road, he continues running right where I'm trying to emergency brake.

I stop literally an inch from him(!) He just mumbles something so I carry on.

Hopefully he'll learn to not run out in front of bikes.

And the best bit is if you'd hit him it wouldn't be him paying for the repairs unless you wanted to go down the suing him route.

Pedestrians are idiots, other drivers are idiots. Remember those 2 things and you won't go far wrong :D

Soldato
Yeah that would be impossible to mount in a waterproof case though! :D

The Yi2 doesn't say anything about an external mic port, hopefully the USB port will have that.

Time goes fast when you are enjoying it ;)
It really does, I've been riding for over 2 years now, had my full licence over a year and a half.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I'll do this mod to my Xiaomi, its easy, just get rid of the inbuilt mic and solder a connection. :) I've done soldering when I fixed the AC controller for my dads saab.

Associate
4000 miles? Does he not like riding it? Or just aware that it's an expensive old rattly Italian thing? ;)

4k in 20 years!? Seems almost pointless owning the thing.

He is just one of those type of people. He is not a fan of it tbh he is over 50 and it kills his back.

Must be dogs ***** to ride if he's only done 4k in 20 years.

It is, everything is spot on.

I thought my SV was low mileage. Did 28 miles since 2010 to 2015. :p

But that Ducati is insane.

He says he will sell it to me for 5K, tbh im half tempted but then I wouldn't want to rack the miles up on it

One

One

Soldato
I'm sure it's mint but you can get nice examples (or look to be in pictures) for £4k. I'm surprised he'll sell a bike he's had for 20 years, perhaps there's a few gremlins he's not telling you about, or the maintenance is a complete ball ache.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Give that ducati a miss, I bet a big job is coming up on that bike and that's the reason he wants to get rid of it...

BTW I keep seeing a blue SV650 K3 with just the top fairing, it has a long after market exhaust looks nearly like the stock. Saw it for the 3rd time today, sounded beefy :D

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Mod1 on Monday, Sunday is just training... to get use to the bike etc. Thanks anyways, tomorrow going shopping for bike clothing, I need some boots and summer gloves.

Associate
I'm sure it's mint but you can get nice examples (or look to be in pictures) for £4k. I'm surprised he'll sell a bike he's had for 20 years, perhaps there's a few gremlins he's not telling you about, or the maintenance is a complete ball ache.

Quite the opposite due to it being cam belt driven. He is a top notch mechanic, not that you need to be to tension cam belts.

It's a 20 year old Ducati of course the maintenance is a ball ache :D

Only if you take it out in the wet due to the angle of the front cylinder. ALSO I was rather suprise that all the farings are 'quick relese'. Much like modern pc cases.

you have a better bike flack,i wouldn't give him £5 for it nevermind 5k

ticking timebomb

CBR600RR (which ill keep) is great and all especially now I have the suspension set up. But there is something about taking that Ducati out on a sunny weekend which is making me love it.

Give that ducati a miss, I bet a big job is coming up on that bike and that's the reason he wants to get rid of it...
Its on 4127 miles and has had the cam belt changed due to age.

Im thinking long term its gonna be worth a bit but not as much as the 916. It certainly isnt a bike you take out unless the weather is amazing. Its one of those bikes that draws people too it, it was far ahead of its time!

He let me have a go on it today and it felt amazing. LMAO at the 1st set of light's it sounded like a bag of spanners due to the dry clutch. Took it to the limit of 1150 RPM.......Over-run kicked in......JIZZ. The hight is perfect for me being only 5 ft 6.

I will be honest tho the Aprilla RSV1000 Rotax is looking a lot more promising, lucky I work with somebody who is well accustomed to these engines too.

Last edited:
Associate
Do I trust accuweather, or bbc weather? lovely all week and now accuweather says thunderstorms this afternoon, whereas bbc just says a bit of cloud later on.
annoying as it's been fantastic weather during the week when i'm stuck in a factory.

Soldato
Quite the opposite due to it being cam belt driven. He is a top notch mechanic, not that you need to be to tension cam belts.

Only if you take it out in the wet due to the angle of the front cylinder. ALSO I was rather suprise that all the farings are 'quick relese'. Much like modern pc cases.

CBR600RR (which ill keep) is great and all especially now I have the suspension set up. But there is something about taking that Ducati out on a sunny weekend which is making me love it.

Its on 4127 miles and has had the cam belt changed due to age.

Im thinking long term its gonna be worth a bit but not as much as the 916. It certainly isnt a bike you take out unless the weather is amazing. Its one of those bikes that draws people too it, it was far ahead of its time!

He let me have a go on it today and it felt amazing. LMAO at the 1st set of light's it sounded like a bag of spanners due to the dry clutch. Took it to the limit of 1150 RPM.......Over-run kicked in......JIZZ. The hight is perfect for me being only 5 ft 6.

I will be honest tho the Aprilla RSV1000 Rotax is looking a lot more promising, lucky I work with somebody who is well accustomed to these engines too.

It's definitely a bike you'd buy as a keeper to take out on occasional summer Sundays, shame it's not an R model but it'll still be worth a fair bit in years to come. Some people just don't understand ;) :D

An RSV or tuono is something you can whack the miles on and not worry, the rotax engines are bulletproof.

Get both! :D

Soldato
Do I trust accuweather, or bbc weather? lovely all week and now accuweather says thunderstorms this afternoon, whereas bbc just says a bit of cloud later on.
annoying as it's been fantastic weather during the week when i'm stuck in a factory.

My weather app said 22'c, it's 15'c here now and cloudy, still early yet so plenty of time to warm up.

Back
Top Bottom