Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
Trying to decide if I book my bike in with all year biker for an ACF50 treatment or their new XCP treatment, the XCP is £15 more but does seem to offer miles more protection from rust compared to ACF50 from my little bit of research.

Caporegime
Trying to decide if I book my bike in with all year biker for an ACF50 treatment or their new XCP treatment, the XCP is £15 more but does seem to offer miles more protection from rust compared to ACF50 from my little bit of research.

Hold off, MCN are doing a massive long term test on rust proofing at the moment, should be published fairly soon.

Man of Honour
Hold off, MCN are doing a massive long term test on rust proofing at the moment, should be published fairly soon.
Not until after Christmas at the earliest according to the guy doing it, it'll be good for next year but he started a little late for it to be of much use before the grit really goes down this winter.

To be fair I can't knock ACF50 it's kept the rust off over the last 2 winters with me just splashing it around and Suzukis aren't known for being particularly salt proof.

Associate
Soldato
Went bike shopping today with a mate who’s looking for a sort of sports tourer(?) bike. Mulistrada, S1000XR, Triumph Tiger, stuff like that.

I looked at BMW S1000RR’s but confirmed that while I always go on about them, there’s no way my next bike will be one; I’d like to keep my license for a little while longer :eek:

Anywho, saw Honda next, sat on a 2015 Fireblade, which tbf was comfort than any other of the sportabikes I’ve sat on recently while.. ‘browsing’. Then saw quite a nice CB1000R, has a bit of a sit on, but i’m Not sure of the seating position tbf

Nevertheless, SV650 is due to be picked up from service tomorrow (yes, yes I know, I could’ve done it all myself) and as a result i’ll now have to justify keeping it for another year at the very least.

:(

Soldato
Not really? If you want something else get it! As long as you have the cash to get something else why not? Only person you have to justify the cost to is you....or the GF/wife if applicable

Back
Top Bottom