Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Is it possible for cold weather to make the brakes seize up? Just been outside to move my bike around for in the morning and it was resisting to move forward, i pressed the front brake hard enough a few times to compress the forks down, i have noticed it the past few nights.

Soldato
Is it possible for cold weather to make the brakes seize up? Just been outside to move my bike around for in the morning and it was resisting to move forward, i pressed the front brake hard enough a few times to compress the forks down, i have noticed it the past few nights.

My bike has done this most monday mornings as i dont use the bike all weekend... Willbe interesting to know if it is possible to seize over the weekend

Man of Honour
In the damp salty conditions the discs rust overnight which can make them stick against the pads, fine once you get moving and brake once or twice to just take the surface rust off.

Soldato
I’ll look into it and give them a clean when I’m home.

Got up at 5.10am, looked outside to see it raining heavily, jumped in the car instead, so much more convenient and I’m not soaked for the whole day now.

Associate
Hello

I'm looking for a new job. I live in the KT12 area of Surrey and there's a couple of jobs towards the Bexley and Barking areas. A Google map search tells me Bexley is 1h 15m for 45 miles, Barking is... forget about it. I usually travel in to West London directly so don't have experience on the M25 during rush hour.

Google Maps' estimate is for cars... Is there an approximate bike 'conversion' I can do for M25 travel? I filter, but not like a madman... +10/15mph on the cars.

Soldato
Yeah that's probably about right, that's a lot of M25 to cover, which will be a car park on most days of the week, I'd say an hour is probably a good estimate.

It takes me 40-45 minutes to do 17 miles in the mornings for me so 45 miles in an hour is nothing!!!

Soldato
It should be illegal for dealers to charge £99 admin fee, I asked a dealer yesterday what it was for, he said to fill the v5 book out, that was it.

£99 to fill in 2 lines as the new owner fills in the rest, ******* joke.

Soldato
It should be illegal for dealers to charge £99 admin fee, I asked a dealer yesterday what it was for, he said to fill the v5 book out, that was it.

£99 to fill in 2 lines as the new owner fills in the rest, ******* joke.

I wouldn't pay it, i'd get them to waive any extra charges as part of the deal.

What did you buy? :p

Soldato
Was originally expecting to be in the Middle East with work for 6 months starting around Sept 2018 or so, with the idea of saving up for an R1 for when I got back. (always wanted an R1, 2008 reg roughly, dark blue)

Anyway, i’m Pencilled in to go to Dubai starting August 2019... what do I do with regards to bikes? Should I get one now? :p

A friend is buying a house and then a track bike around this time next year. I’d have been getting back around the same time, buying said R1 and then tracking the SV and doing trackdays with aforementioned mate.
Oh the decisions! :p

Other next bike i’m Interested in would be a CB1000R

Soldato
Was originally expecting to be in the Middle East with work for 6 months starting around Sept 2018 or so, with the idea of saving up for an R1 for when I got back. (always wanted an R1, 2008 reg roughly, dark blue)

Anyway, i’m Pencilled in to go to Dubai starting August 2019... what do I do with regards to bikes? Should I get one now? :p

A friend is buying a house and then a track bike around this time next year. I’d have been getting back around the same time, buying said R1 and then tracking the SV and doing trackdays with aforementioned mate.
Oh the decisions! :p

Other next bike i’m Interested in would be a CB1000R

I’m also looking at the CB1000R, I used to think it was a pointless litre bike but after watching loads of videos, I’m willing to give one a go.

Soldato
I’m also looking at the CB1000R, I used to think it was a pointless litre bike but after watching loads of videos, I’m willing to give one a go.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the SV(other than the flat rear tyre currently), nor any reason to change it. I just like the look of a CB. It looks like a maniac's bike, especially in the black with a stubby exhaust and the single-sided swingarm looks epic. I'm not sure how I'd get on with the seating position so i may test ride eventually. That said, I did almost book a test ride today... Last time i booked a test drive/ride for information I bought a 340i :D

Soldato
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the SV(other than the flat rear tyre currently), nor any reason to change it. I just like the look of a CB. It looks like a maniac's bike, especially in the black with a stubby exhaust and the single-sided swingarm looks epic. I'm not sure how I'd get on with the seating position so i may test ride eventually. That said, I did almost book a test ride today... Last time i booked a test drive/ride for information I bought a 340i :D

Everytime i ride the S1000R, i think to myself, why would i want to get rid of this :p It's an amazing bike, massive head turner, exhaust sounds great, goes like a bullet and is really comfy. So why do i want to change? :p :D

Back
Top Bottom