Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Everytime i ride the S1000R, i think to myself, why would i want to get rid of this :p It's an amazing bike, massive head turner, exhaust sounds great, goes like a bullet and is really comfy. So why do i want to change? :p :D

I love the SV, exhaust sounds nice but could be a bit louder, goes... at an average rate :p Isn't comfortable at all for anything more than 45 minutes or so. Looks pretty, has been serviced, reliable. :p

Man of Honour
Everytime i ride the S1000R, i think to myself, why would i want to get rid of this :p It's an amazing bike, massive head turner, exhaust sounds great, goes like a bullet and is really comfy. So why do i want to change? :p :D

Funny looking back on this post, oh wait this is recent. :p

Man of Honour
I hope it's a Daytona with the GP2 upgraded version of the 765cc triple motor. That should be good for 140hp.

Edit: from that video it looks like a new Speed Triple.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, following on from the 'What did you do to your bike today' fiasco where the SV wouldn't start/changed battery and had it picked up for recovery, here's the e-mail i've had today regarding the bike.

'Hi Ryan,

I have replaced your rear tyre and the bike is now running.

It is smoking quite badly but hopefully that will clear with a long ride.

If not I fear there may be some internal damage in your engine.

Regards, '

:( :( :( :(

Soldato
It's been lying on it's side for a decent amount of time, correct?

If so it's probably just oil that has gotten past the piston rings while it's been laid over and is burning off.

Soldato
It's been lying on it's side for a decent amount of time, correct?

If so it's probably just oil that has gotten past the piston rings while it's been laid over and is burning off.
Not sure how long, but anywhere up to a day :( That's what I'm hoping, and hoping a long ride does sort it, because as much as it's ****** me off this week, i don't want to get rid of it just yet :( Could burning off the oil not pose a problem ie, more heat than is safe? I'm going to ask the mechanic quite a lot fo questions when i go down to try and understand as best i can.

If not, better start looking at CB1000R's or R1's :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Pull a spark plug out and see if it's oily. Shouldn't cause an issue if it's just burning off a bit in the cylinders apart from running a bit rough until it's cleared.

Soldato
Pull a spark plug out and see if it's oily. Shouldn't cause an issue if it's just burning off a bit in the cylinders apart from running a bit rough until it's cleared.

That’s what the mechanic said within about 20 seconds of us arriving. Hopefully i’ll Have an e-mail today if not i’ll Give him a call. Weather today is looking dry and ... ‘mild’. Would be good to scrub tyre in on that long ride. In work til 3pm though

Man of Honour
The 200ml wd40 chain cleaner/wax/lube are back in Aldi on Thursday for £2.99 works out a good few quid cheaper than the normal 400ml prices.

You can pre order them on the web with free delivery as well.

Soldato
The 200ml wd40 chain cleaner/wax/lube are back in Aldi on Thursday for £2.99 works out a good few quid cheaper than the normal 400ml prices.

You can pre order them on the web with free delivery as well.
Got some chain cleaner, thanks. £2.99 when it's usually about £7 or 8 is pretty good! :)

Back
Top Bottom