Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Why would they release this late march? This would have been the perfect game to release in november when it's cold out :)

Looks worth a shot, also hope it doesn't cost too much.
True, but all the summer warriors are coming back onto the road in March so I guess everyone will have biking on their minds :p

Soldato
Bike is finally run in! It achieved 65K miles this week. Although the weather hasnt been there to test it, the Pilot road 5 is doing well. Felt great on the last few corners before work (conditions allowed a more sporty approach :D)

Soldato
Same. 4.4 miles to work over 4 years and only clocked 20k on the Bonneville. Will have to do some big road trips to get that mileage up on the VFR. :)
I'm doing 35 miles a day currently, I've put nearly 10k on the bike since April! I'll be going to a 5 mile round trip commute, I'll keep the vfr for a while but will probably sell it before winter and get a car.

Soldato
Do you use heated gloves for winter? My hands wouldn't survive that mileage in winter. I did 52 the other day when it was 0 and nearly cried all the way home.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I do 11 miles each way (mostly motorway and A road) and it is agony in anything less than 1'C. I don't have heated gloves (or grips) but I can see the appeal and it'll be something I look in to for next winter.

Soldato
Yeah I've got heated gloves, best purchase ever. Above 5-6 degrees I normally don't need them but below that I do, I've ridden at -1 with them and my hands were lovely and warm.

I've done heated grips and muffs, they don't even compare.

Soldato
54miles a day for me now.

Yes heated gloves are a must for 5degrees and below. Above 5 I have gortex summer gloves so surprisingly warm. It's colder up here a lot more often than down south. Plus my house is over 300m's above sea level so cold and frost is even more common stilL!

Soldato
Regrettably, I've not got any heated gear and I could have done with some when I got hypothermia on a ride and had to slow down to reduce the wind chill factor.

I had a ride a few nights ago and it was slippy on the roads, but my heated grips were decent enough as well as all the layers of clothes I had on.

Any heated gear will be a lot better than my grips though.

Back
Top Bottom