Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Alpinestars SMX6 are wide, big and they work! :D Mine are really badly beat up, the toe sliders are nearly gone and just in general after last accident they took a beating. Still usable though! :p

Man of Honour
Alpinestars SMX6 are wide, big and they work! :D Mine are really badly beat up, the toe sliders are nearly gone and just in general after last accident they took a beating. Still usable though! :p

Eh? My SMX Plus boots fit me perfectly and I have very narrow feet!

Man of Honour
I'm off for a three hour tour on the MT-10 with some friends, my first one since picking the bike up.

We're going through the forests of Jura (the ones full of Jurassic era fossils) in temperatures around 16C.

Man of Honour
Boo, just found a chip on my rim when checking the tyre pressures.

Any idea how I can find the colour code for a blue European 2016 Yamaha MT-10 rim?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Good news, my consultant said I can go back to gym and ride a bike. I just need to be careful for the next year or two to not overdo it... Next week I'm going to a motocross track, I might have a go to see what it feels like riding a crosser again. Last time I rode one was back when I was 10-12 yo. lol :p

Man of Honour
^^^
Enjoy

Man, what a road bike the MT-10 is! I will have to do a full write up of the bikes I've owned and ridden one day but I have definitely made the right choice. I should have bought this over the Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory when I was considering which of the two bikes to buy two years ago.

Also, I will never buy a bike if it doesn't have cruise control, it makes the ride to and from the mountain passes so easy and stops me getting a cold or numb throttle hand.

I'm very lucky to have spectacular winding forest roads to play in when it's too cold (read: 2 metres of snow) in the mountain passes.
9udImbv.jpg

What does the label say on your bike? Should be some indication of what the code is, normally on the same plate your VIN is.

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/yamaha-parts/color-codes.aspx

Got it, thanks!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Good news, my consultant said I can go back to gym and ride a bike. I just need to be careful for the next year or two to not overdo it... Next week I'm going to a motocross track, I might have a go to see what it feels like riding a crosser again. Last time I rode one was back when I was 10-12 yo. lol :p
Cycling on an indoor bike /= a good idea riding a motocross bike.

Seriously, don’t.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You won’t use anywhere the same amount of muscles or the same intensity in the gym.

After I hurt my back the first time, it was a struggle to get on the bike. Muscles that I took for granted put pressure on places that made it horrendous to do the simplest things.

Just warning you... you may feel comfortable whilst doing it, but you will regret it.

Soldato
I can go back to gym and ride a bike.
That can be read as either 'you can go to the gym and ride an exercise bike there' or 'you can go to the gym OR ride a motorbike'.

Regardless, the first thing I do after recovering from a major injury would NOT be jumping on a dirt bike...

You WILL fall off, and it WILL hurt, especially if you're not fully healed up. And it'll be hard work, using muscles you've not used for ages. Focus on getting strength and fitness back before thinking about getting back on a (motor)bike.

Soldato
Riding off road isn’t a great idea. I’ve been riding on the road for 15 years and never fell off yet (touch wood), I’ve done 380 miles off road in the last 2/3 months and fell off 3 times!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
You won’t use anywhere the same amount of muscles or the same intensity in the gym.

After I hurt my back the first time, it was a struggle to get on the bike. Muscles that I took for granted put pressure on places that made it horrendous to do the simplest things.

Just warning you... you may feel comfortable whilst doing it, but you will regret it.
I won't know unless I try, I'm stubborn once I set my mind on something. :)
That can be read as either 'you can go to the gym and ride an exercise bike there' or 'you can go to the gym OR ride a motorbike'.

Regardless, the first thing I do after recovering from a major injury would NOT be jumping on a dirt bike...

You WILL fall off, and it WILL hurt, especially if you're not fully healed up. And it'll be hard work, using muscles you've not used for ages. Focus on getting strength and fitness back before thinking about getting back on a (motor)bike.
That's the idea to get back in shape before doing anything crazy, I've been training and stretching so far.

Riding off road isn’t a great idea. I’ve been riding on the road for 15 years and never fell off yet (touch wood), I’ve done 380 miles off road in the last 2/3 months and fell off 3 times!
I had 3 offs as a rider and 2 as a passenger. First was on ice, at low speed, 2nd time I hit a diesel patch and this one was a hit and run.

Looking at the state of the road within the year it's ridiculous, I wouldn't want to hit some of those potholes on a bike... I've an offroad track 20-30 minutes away from my house, it's cheap and there's a big variety of jumps, straights and turns. I'll probably start with a 125 2T or 250 4T, I'll start low power and climb my way like I did on road bikes.

My mates told me to ditch the roads and join them, but I always enjoyed riding around twisties. Track days would get expensive really quickly, I considered all the options and trust me I had a lot of time to think about it. I'll probably fall and there's a high possibility of injury. But there's no cars, police, speed cameras, van drivers and other bs. I can just enjoy myself and think about my riding and the track without worrying that someone might pull out on me again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Man, what a road bike the MT-10 is! I will have to do a full write up of the bikes I've owned and ridden one day but I have definitely made the right choice. I should have bought this over the Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory when I was considering which of the two bikes to buy two years ago.

Also, I will never buy a bike if it doesn't have cruise control, it makes the ride to and from the mountain passes so easy and stops me getting a cold or numb throttle hand.

Really glad the Mt10 is working out for you . Now get that ecu sent off ;)

Back
Top Bottom