Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
My usual commuting set up is t-shirt, Kevlar jeans and get changed into my suit at the office. Carry a pair of waterproof over trousers if it looks like rain.

Soldato
What's the normal set up for commuting? Bike trousers over normal trousers, or just bike trousers for the ride and then change? Trying to make my transition from road to desk, and back, as efficient as possible.
I work in an office.

I use a 2 piece RST textile kit over my clothes - change when i get into the office. Underneath is all my normal work clothes and then I leave my shoes at work.

I tried the whole jeans thing but it's a pain in the rain and horribly hot in the summer.

Soldato
What's the normal set up for commuting? Bike trousers over normal trousers, or just bike trousers for the ride and then change? Trying to make my transition from road to desk, and back, as efficient as possible.

I've got 2 piece rst textiles too. I wear regular jeans underneath and just a random **** t-shirt. I take a proper T-Shirt with me in my box and just change my top in work (technically don't have to do this just an hours commute I'd rather not risk any potential smells etc :p plus the mesh lining of my jacket can wear and bobble t-shirts I've found)

I work in E-Commerce so my usual work attire is just jeans, t-shirt and trainers luckily. Trainers I either leave in work or just chuck in my box.

Associate

Textile over-trousers during colder / wetter weather with textile jacket. Get to work, whip those off, get boots off, get shoes (left under desk) on. Done.

In warmer weather I can continue with that set-up provided I'm not going anywhere other than Home ---> Work / Work ---> Home. The morning won't usually be warm enough for me to overheat on arrival at work and if the evening is warm then I'm only going to be a sweaty horror at my own place!

Otherwise, it's biker jeans and a leather jacket. Might be a faff, depending on whether or not you'd have to change out of those jeans for work and if you've somewhere appropriate to do so.

Soldato
We do have showers and changing facilities at the offices. I'm also working in the production studio of a design agency, so the dress code is pretty relaxed, but I've not found any normal jeans that are comfortable for all day at a desk yet.

That said, riding the Vanvan, jeans and a leather jacket do look the part, and it's nice to have that set up for the days that allow it.

Anyway, after much digressing, I've ordered some Alpinestars Goretex trousers in my usual size, and I'll see what works best once they arrive and I try them.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Goretex is the nuts, but costs $$$$.

My Oxford Montreal 2.0 textile trousers cost £100, are waterproof and keep me bone-dry in all but the worst weather.

If I had the money though...

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Legend? Seems like a moron to me.

He's lucky to not get prosecuted for fleeing the scene of an incident. Also, why abandon your car and then claim it's needed for your job? lolwut.

Mr Carr was left lying in the road and Hughes drove off and then abandoned the BMW, with the engine running, about two and a half miles away at Storeton Woods.

Neil Gunn, defending, said that Hughes has no previous convictions and no penalty points on his licence, which he needs for his job. He lives at home with his dad and references included one from his employer.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Legend? Seems like a moron to me.

He's lucky to not get prosecuted for fleeing the scene of an incident. Also, why abandon your car and then claim it's needed for your job? lolwut.
Well... he panicked and that's completely normal in that situation, I wonder how many people would stay calm under those circumstances. He admitted calmly what he did after the adrenaline wore off, so no hard feelings.

He did more than most police officers do, a week ago I've seen 2 teen boys riding a KTM EXC with no plates or helmets in addidas tracksuits riding past a police car. What did the police do? Went the other way like nothing happened... At least he won't steal any more bikes in the future, shame he had to learn the hard way though.

Soldato
I found wearing my full length boots around the house for a day or two did help...but I've not used mine all that much anyway so doubt they are fully worn in. Something I did find was that they were snug when I tried them on but a touch loose after wearing them for a few days riding for the tests etc.

Back
Top Bottom