Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
So many street Rossis in their brand new leathers and sparkling clean bikes out on the weekend.
I was in Bikers World on Saturday at around 1pm, in comes a bloke on a brand new Ducati 1299, brand new Dainese leathers that looked immaculate, brand spanking new helmet and then decided to just sit on his own for a few minutes before speeding back off trying to impress everyone. Guy looked like a proper tool, the whole entrance and exit was just to show his bike off, he also had massive chicken strips on his wheels but you could tell he doesn't ride it within 1% of it's potential.

Soldato
I think his point is that they're thinking they're racing gods when in fact they're inexperienced from not riding all winter.
Very very true, I tend to avoid the first few hot weekends of summer, and especially the Hastings may day run which was yesterday, loads of summer motogp wannabes who haven't ridden for 6 months and still think they can make that overtake...

Unfortunately due to this there's always loads of accidents and deaths in the first few weeks too :(

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Definitely meant the crew that wouldn’t know water if they fell in the sea.

I deliberately didn’t ride and it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I was full of BBQ food and drunk on ale ;)

Associate
Definitely meant the crew that wouldn’t know water if they fell in the sea.

I deliberately didn’t ride and it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I was full of BBQ food and drunk on ale ;)

Ahh, the "All the gear, no idea" types.
Walked through a bike shop covered in glue.

I was in Bikers World on Saturday at around 1pm, in comes a bloke on a brand new Ducati 1299, brand new Dainese leathers that looked immaculate, brand spanking new helmet and then decided to just sit on his own for a few minutes before speeding back off trying to impress everyone. Guy looked like a proper tool, the whole entrance and exit was just to show his bike off, he also had massive chicken strips on his wheels but you could tell he doesn't ride it within 1% of it's potential.

You sure he wasn't out looking to meet some biker friends to get some advice on how to get more from his bike and remove his chicken strips, but has to sit on his own because nobody will talk to him so he ends up leaving early? ;):D

Associate
I hate it when animals do that, they would be so much more predictable if they just kept going in the original direction.

I had a bird slam into my helmet because it decided to change direction at the last second.

Man of Honour
I'm not fussed what others choose to wear but seeing a guy going down the m6 last weekend in vest and shorts definitely made me think "he's got some balls!".

Man of Honour
Triumph daytona 675R 2011 just came up for sale with no mileage on it, very tempted to slot that in the garage... Anyone know whether it's worth paying to get the newer model with the non underseat exhaust? There's obviously a tiny power difference but apart from that anything different/interesting?

Slipper clutch and fuel gauge are the only notable changes.

Associate
What kind of millage do you get form your dorsoduro? I'm hitting 80 miles then the fuel light comes on.

Mines the RSVR not the dorsoduro, for reference I think he gets sub 100 miles though. For the first time in ages I'm not the first one heading for the fuel pumps lol

Chris

Back
Top Bottom