Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
I've told them I'm not interested anymore since they never got back to me and I've went with someone else.

I've put an offer in for a Black one with another dealer.

If I have to chase them to take my money I would hate to have to deal with any problems with the bike.

Soldato
MZHtxMph.jpg.png

JjUoTQ2h.jpg.png

Staffordshire Triumph, anyone used them?, i'm about to make the payment on this one, it's £300 more.

Tail tidy, datatag, immobiliser, pannier rails, rad guard, 1757 miles.

Edit - payment made, bike to be delivered this coming Wednesday.

This lot seem to be more on the ball, fingers crossed!, already been emailed the sales order.

Can anyone ID the pannier rails?, dealer couldn't say what make/brand.

Last edited:
Soldato
UUgKEjZh.jpg

Got a new helmet, my others are adventure style ones and went with heated gloves (racer heat 4) as i find heated grips are no good for the fingertips and that's the bit that gets painful.

Soldato
Could be GIVI TE1173? That's my best guess anyway from a quick Google.

Bike looks good though and I'm glad that the dealer are actually wanting to make the sale, unlike the other one. If someone is a bit blazé about making a sale I just won't bother, I don't see the point as others have said, chances are aftersales support will be non existant.

Soldato
MZHtxMph.jpg.png

JjUoTQ2h.jpg.png

Staffordshire Triumph, anyone used them?, i'm about to make the payment on this one, it's £300 more.

Tail tidy, datatag, immobiliser, pannier rails, rad guard, 1757 miles.

Edit - payment made, bike to be delivered this coming Wednesday.

This lot seem to be more on the ball, fingers crossed!, already been emailed the sales order.

Nice Bike :cool:

That one the bikes I had on the bike list I made when I bought my MT10sp

But I guess am a bit of a Yamaha fanboy after owning only Yamaha bikes for last 21 years :eek:
1998 R1
2003 Fazer 1000 Gen1
2008 Fazer 1000 Gen2
2018 MT10-SP

Last edited:
Soldato
I had plenty of bikes on the list, would have bought one from almost any manufacturer if i was into it.
One the other bikes I really wanted was the BMW S1000r or s1000xr but there no BMW bike dealer over here anymore (guernsey) so that put me off it
Same as I love the new ducati 2020 street fighter but we have no ducati dealers over here anymore :(

Soldato
Just had the bike delivered, delivery guy came early.

Will be having a good look over in the daylight tomorrow although i doubt i'll get out as it's meant to be heavy rain and just above freezing.

Soldato
Didn't get out on the bike, as soon as i got on it the rain started so i'm going to leave it until it's dry.

Insurance was pretty good compared to what i've paid previously, £279 for this compared to over £500 for the CRF rally, i guess the one years no claims helped a lot.

Transmission breaker
Don
I took out the newly road legal 2015 Yzf r125 for a little trip to the office, didn't fancy taking any of the other bikes in the torrential rain :D

It was quite fun! It could do with heated grips, as my gloves soaked through and were cold on the way back, even though the rain let up. My rain suit is pretty good too, but got to remember to get the bottoms tight to the boots to make sure my trousers stay dry.

Looking forward to the warmer weather!

Soldato
I took out the newly road legal 2015 Yzf r125 for a little trip to the office, didn't fancy taking any of the other bikes in the torrential rain :D

It was quite fun! It could do with heated grips, as my gloves soaked through and were cold on the way back, even though the rain let up. My rain suit is pretty good too, but got to remember to get the bottoms tight to the boots to make sure my trousers stay dry.

Looking forward to the warmer weather!
Heated grips won't dry your hands / gloves, they'll keep your palms warm but they'll likely still stay wet and the backs of your hands will stay cold and wet. Fingers will also stay chilly too in my experience and judging by khemist buying heated gloves...same in his experience too.
Just get some decent waterproof gloves for when it rains! :p

Transmission breaker
Don
I have found my hands are much happier in the rain on the hornet, with Oxford heated grips, but waterproof gloves sounds like a plan!
I also need some waterproof boots, my rst tracktech ones are really not :D

Soldato
I think my boots are about the only item that don't let water in. My trousers and jacket are decently waterproof but when it rains hard they do let some rain in, but my feet stay dry so that's great, just have to change everything bar my socks when I get to my destination if I've been in a proper downpour. :D

Soldato
I think my boots are about the only item that don't let water in. My trousers and jacket are decently waterproof but when it rains hard they do let some rain in, but my feet stay dry so that's great, just have to change everything bar my socks when I get to my destination if I've been in a proper downpour. :D

I gave up trying to keep water out of kit in heavy downpours - now I ride with hiking waterproofs under my textile bottoms, and a lightweight waterproof hiking jacket for the top - these keep the soaking to a minimum; occasionally I get a wet foot - but my cheapo Amazon ("Black" branded) boots hold up quite well.

I did have a Richa onesie over suit for all of two rides - but found I still got a wet arse with it - so sent it back to Sportsbikeshop.

Soldato
I gave up trying to keep water out of kit in heavy downpours - now I ride with hiking waterproofs under my textile bottoms, and a lightweight waterproof hiking jacket for the top - these keep the soaking to a minimum; occasionally I get a wet foot - but my cheapo Amazon ("Black" branded) boots hold up quite well.

I did have a Richa onesie over suit for all of two rides - but found I still got a wet arse with it - so sent it back to Sportsbikeshop.
I find my RST gear is really good, it's literally just the sleeve cuffs that get wet if I'm using my short gloves (expected really) and then my stomach can get damp (leading to wet everything) where the trousers and jacket join at the front.

I can't help with the disc lock advice though, I bought a bright red Abus non alarm one 'cause it stands out against my mostly blue bike.

Back
Top Bottom