1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by IC3, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Maccapacca

Tea

Giving the girls their allotted fresh air

[​IMG]

2. russell664

Mobster

Well I stripped her (ooooer!) got down and ditty (ohhh Matron!) and found that the fuel pump was indeed leaking.

Replaced it, lengthened the vacuum tube, and changed oil filter etc... as it was due a service anyway. Runs much better than in a very long time, it most've been leaking for a while but due to no use, neve really noticed it! Throttle response feels better, all round win. I also found that there was no rust in my tank and that she is pretty clean as far as the fuel system is concerend.

Used some ACF-50 while I was down there, and all is well! :cool:

3. .one.

Mobster

Good man.

4. iamdjdz

Mobster

Anyone got much experience with FJR1300s? Potentially looking at getting one in mid to late summer, it will be an older one probably 2005-9 depending on price and mileage for a bit of 2 up touring. Only thing is I'm currently on an Mt09 and haven't ridden anything that big so I'm not sure how hard the jump up would be?

5. .one.

Mobster

Ive ridden FJR1300 friend has one you will be fine big lump very comfy nice to ride and they do hold there money feels a little gutless compared to my zzr1200 but in a nice way.
    Brilliant for 2 up.

6. iamdjdz

Mobster

Cheers, I'll probably have to go to a dealer and test ride one because I don't know anyone with one, but that sounds good to me. And I'm not looking to go at 180mph (it would scare me let alone the Mrs!) so saying it lacks a bit to a zzr1200 is fine haha.

7. Razor-BladE

Mobster

I'm currently painting my garage. Done the walls, just need to do the floor.
    I'm looking at buying a ground anchor and had my eyes set on the Torc Anchor by the guys at Pragmasis.
    Is there anything better for £60? The cheaper ones are £20-25 so I figure it's only £40 more to have something more secure.

8. Diddums

Capodecina

9. Malt_Vinegar

Don

10. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Sad day. I cancelled all of the booked accommodation and travel for our planned Alps trip this year, leaving near the end of July. Things are easing, but they aren't easing enough for certainty. We can always just quickly ride down and plan along the way if things improve more quickly, but at the moment it looks like Scotland (along with every other British biker) or nothing.

There always 2021. Or 2022..!

11. chaparral

Capodecina

Received my new Helmet Headsets yesterday to replace my old Cardo Scala Rider G4 headsets

I haven't fitted or tried them yet..
    [​IMG]

12. Malt_Vinegar

Don

13. tom_e

Man of Honour

Went out to visit our wedding venue today, used it as an excuse to stretch the bikes legs and make sure I'd put it all back together properly.

Feels much nicer with a new chain and sprockets, looks like I've got a slightly sticking front caliper though so a rebuild is on the cards :rolleyes:

I'd forgotten how good it sounded with the black widow cans though, I was grinning like a loon for the whole ride.

Treated it to a tank of v power as well which was still £1.20 a litre :o

14. BUDFORCE

Wise Guy

I did nearly 300 miles today.

Up from where I live, through Downham Market, Swaffam, Fakenham, then up to Wells. Then followed the coast round east, through Cromer (99p a litre there FYI) all the way around to Great Yarmouth, then down through Lowestoft, stopped briefly in Kessingland at the beach there, then down the A12, back up the A14 through Bury St. Edmunds, Newmarket, then back into Cambridgeshire.

Bloody wing mirror came loose, I've had problems with this for years on the odd occasion, although it's been ok for a good while now. Fortunately happened about 10 miles from home.

I've screwed it back down and put metal epoxy on the bolt and around the top, hopefully that should do the trick.

If it ever comes loose again I'll give up and get some bar end mirrors.

15. Diddums

Capodecina

Tried loctite?

16. BUDFORCE

Wise Guy

Yup that's what I put in last time.

The thread on the bike end is pretty stretched. It's was the bloody bike shop, o put it on for an MOT and it came out they'd obviously knocked it loose, never been tight since.

17. khemist

Soldato

My Richa Atlantic jacket is too heavy for this heat, ordered a Rev'it airwave 3, anyone tried one yet?, looks pretty nice and doesn't cost a lot.

18. Smok3y

Wise Guy

I have an Alpinestars AST Air jacket, similar thing. Very comfy and keeps me cool.

19. Diddums

Capodecina

Which type did you try? There are a few different ones, ranging from weak to "you're gonna need a breaker bar for this one".

https://eezee.sg/blog/whats-the-difference-between-colors-of-loctite-threadlockers/

20. khemist

Soldato

Should be good, looking forward to it.