1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by IC3, Feb 3, 2016.

1. BUDFORCE

Wise Guy

Granville Lock Thread?

I'm guessing the metal epoxy I I just bunged in there will be stronger than thread lock anyway?

If I knew someone who had a little welder Id weld the thing together.

It's a stupid design really, the mirror catches the wind which twists the arm anticlockwise, so the pressure of the wind against it is naturally wanting to unscrew it, combined with bumps and vibration etc.

Anyway, well see if this works. The mirrors on this bike are my nemesis.

2. khemist

Soldato

Got the Rev'it airwave 3 delivered, airflow is amazing, can feel it just walking around, i thought i would have to be moving at a decent rate to feel it and it fits great also, keeping it for sure.

3. BUDFORCE

Wise Guy

[​IMG]

Map of the one I did on Saturday.

4. Mickcas

Gangster

How do you think this will fair once the weather cools down, I've been looking for something I can use through the summer then into the slightly cooler weather before going back to my winter jacket

5. khemist

Soldato

Not sure about that, the air gets through it pretty easily, will have to see in the future.

6. tom_e

Man of Honour

I guess it's going to be very similar to my dainese air jacket, it really depends on how you get on with the cold.

I can wear mine for my morning commutes once it gets to around 10 degrees but it is chilly after 50 miles of motorway and a roads. It means I don't overheat on the way home when it's jumped up to mid/high teens though.

7. The_Abyss

Capodecina

You've missed out some great roads there!

8. BUDFORCE

Wise Guy

I'll take suggestions for next time.

I went clockwise, so on the way back the A12/A14 was the fastest route as I just wanted to get home.

9. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Skip the coast, and take the A148 at Fakenham, and go through to Cromer. I'd then take the A140 down to Norwich - the coast road isn't really on the coast anyway - and then take the A11 over to Thetford and beyond - some great roads around there, and very picturesque too.

10. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Pencilled in some plans to do the NC500 over a week, setting off on 18 July. I think we're on Plan E now for biking this summer. England is very likely to be open for less restricted travel by then, so just need Scotland to play ball and allow travelling. Planning to wild camp.

11. The_Abyss

Capodecina

KTM's new 1290 engine, judging by some of the YouTube reviews, seems to be far more compliant than the previous version. This is interesting, as the previous engine was an absolute beast provided that you were heavy on the throttle.

I'm interested in testing the SA version, but has anyone ridden the new 2020 Super Duke R?

12. tom_e

Man of Honour

Bought a connecting belt for my dainese jacket and my riding jeans, they know how to rob you.

£40 and it's not even made of leather, the RST one was half the price and leather, but at least I won't be getting a cold crack going down the motorway now :o

13. Captain

Capodecina

14. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Anyone other than a YouTube shill?!

15. Snaggle

Mobster

Thinking of getting rid of the MT10 sp .. Really fancy a 1290GT but now lockdown seems to be over prices are back to rrp and no deals going on .. Think i might just sell and bank the cash and get a 1290gt end of season

16. chaparral

Capodecina

Are you the person that posted on the facebook MT10 forum saying your 2017 MT10-SP only done 1000miles ?

17. Snaggle

Mobster

lol yup

18. chaparral

Capodecina

I thought it was..

19. The_Abyss

Capodecina

There'll be deals soon enough, given that the new 1290SD is here, and a new GT surely won't be far behind...

20. khemist

Soldato

delete

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020