Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Man of Honour
I very nearly ended up as a bonnet ornament on the way home from work.

Guy pulled out through a line of cars that were waiting to join the roundabout I'd just come off luckily I'd seen a car in the queue leaving a bit of a gap so I'd already rolled off but the ABS got its first testing in my ownership!

Associate
Had to delay picking up my new Hayabusa. Surgical wound got infected and my knee ballooned to somewhere between grapefruit and melon size. It’s going down, slowly, but no gen 3 joy for me this weekend :(

Associate
Hope on the horizon for this weekend. Antibiotics at double the usual dosage, so once I’m done with the heartburn lottery there’s a chance I could get the new toy this weekend :cool:

Soldato
I know a decent bike courier if you want to try someone else

I told them to cancel it then told them i would keep the booking, if i'm let down again then i will be going with another, can you send me the details please?, thanks.

I'm not going to have it until Monday or Tuesday now when my holiday is over so i've had a wasted week.

Soldato
I told them to cancel it then told them i would keep the booking, if i'm let down again then i will be going with another, can you send me the details please?, thanks.

I'm not going to have it until Monday or Tuesday now when my holiday is over so i've had a wasted week.
Sent! Good luck - hope you get sorted.

Associate
Anyone able to share their view in a decent value, easy to maintain enduro bike? One for an adult and potentially, one for a young teenager.

I am keen to venture into some green laning and enduro days(where my lad can join) but not so keen on spending 6k+ on a new bike.

Any good advice, pointers would be very welcome.

Associate
A young lad had dropped his 125 this morning on a roundabout joining the A31 he was back on it when I got there with hazards on half on the verge. Stopped to check he was okay. It annoys me how most people just drive on by though a car did stop behind me to check on him too. Bent clip on dented tank and no doubt pride but he seemed okay, if a little shaken. Suggested he ride it a couple hundred meters to a layby to gather his thoughts, then continued on to work feeling guilty for not hanging about a bit longer. Remember it's slippery out there after all the dry weather now we have a spot of rain.

Man of Honour
A young lad had dropped his 125 this morning on a roundabout joining the A31 he was back on it when I got there with hazards on half on the verge. Stopped to check he was okay. It annoys me how most people just drive on by though a car did stop behind me to check on him too. Bent clip on dented tank and no doubt pride but he seemed okay, if a little shaken. Suggested he ride it a couple hundred meters to a layby to gather his thoughts, then continued on to work feeling guilty for not hanging about a bit longer. Remember it's slippery out there after all the dry weather now we have a spot of rain.
Sadly that's the way society is going. Everyone in a rush and assumes the person is OK. I think the more populated the world gets, the more isolated each of us becomes. Well done for stopping. Sometimes just knowing someone else cares enough to ask if you're OK is enough.

Man of Honour
I had my first experience of a busy three lane dual carriageway on a 125 today (on the A3). It wasn't as bad as everyone makes out, although I was a bit nervous to start with. I could have taken another route but frankly if I want to ride a bike I've got to deal with this kind of thing so deliberately took that route.

I nearly managed to get the poor YBR to 70mph with a bit of tucking in and a long downhill run. A fellow biker took pity on me grimly holding on with L plates flapping and gave a little wave as he passed. Mod 1 training tomorrow and Mod 1 test later in the week.

Back
Top Bottom