Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Think it’s time for a change now, had the Blade almost 12 months so thinking what to try next.

Leaning towards either the SuperDuke 1290R or the Speed Triple RS.

I kind of want to try both though so I could either go and buy both and sell the one I don’t like or somehow try and get a long term loan bike?

Man of Honour
Think it’s time for a change now, had the Blade almost 12 months so thinking what to try next.

I kind of want to try both though so I could either go and buy both and sell the one I don’t like or somehow try and get a long term loan bike?

If it's not the new Speed Triple then 100% the Super Duke.

Soldato
I previously had a blade and tbh, i found it to be utterly uninspiring and the most boring bike I've ever owned.
Yes, it was fast and it handled brilliantly, but there was no excitement to the thing at all.
It was predictability on wheels.
I then went for a ZX10R C1-H (Akra and power commander) which was the polar opposite of the blade, ie completely mental and wanted to kill me at every twist of the throttle, which was far more fun.
Sadly that ended with the bike in the scrapyard and me in hospital :(

So, fast forward to what to get next.
I'd previously had a Tuono fighter and had always missed the V-twin grunt, so the obvious choice was a SDR1290R
I did borrow a mates triple for a while, but it didn't really tick all the boxes and wasn't even close to the fun of the 1290R..

cz6CHKZ.jpg

For me, the 1290R is the perfect mix of a comfortable daily ride, alongside a complete bloody hooligan of a bike with the traction turned off.
The only things I've changed are a 2T bigger rear sprocket (easy wheelies in 3rd) a HyperPro RSC steering damper and a Austin racing can..

iemo7Gy.jpg

I can't see me changing bikes for a while yet :D

Soldato
Looks lovely, famous last words of mine, "i'm keeping this bike for years", two days later it's up for sale because i'm conviced i should have got that other bike i always wanted.

Soldato
I previously had a blade and tbh, i found it to be utterly uninspiring and the most boring bike I've ever owned.
Yes, it was fast and it handled brilliantly, but there was no excitement to the thing at all.
It was predictability on wheels.
I then went for a ZX10R C1-H (Akra and power commander) which was the polar opposite of the blade, ie completely mental and wanted to kill me at every twist of the throttle, which was far more fun.
Sadly that ended with the bike in the scrapyard and me in hospital :(

So, fast forward to what to get next.
I'd previously had a Tuono fighter and had always missed the V-twin grunt, so the obvious choice was a SDR1290R
I did borrow a mates triple for a while, but it didn't really tick all the boxes and wasn't even close to the fun of the 1290R..

cz6CHKZ.jpg

For me, the 1290R is the perfect mix of a comfortable daily ride, alongside a complete bloody hooligan of a bike with the traction turned off.
The only things I've changed are a 2T bigger rear sprocket (easy wheelies in 3rd) a HyperPro RSC steering damper and a Austin racing can..

iemo7Gy.jpg

I can't see me changing bikes for a while yet :D
Looks great, I’ll test ride both sometime in March hopefully and look at buying towards the end of March.

I think the SD will be the winner, I’ve been choosing different bikes over the SD every time so I think now is about time to make the jump.

When I could have bought a SD I picked up a BMW S1000Rs, then thought about the SD again but picked up the GSX-S1000 and then finally was tempted by the SD but got the CBR1000RR instead :p

Soldato

Let me know when you decide to sell the blade, I might have someone interested.
Did you keep the original parts?

Soldato
Ah, so you sold the original parts?

How is the decat? do you feel a big difference?
Yeah the original parts got sold.

It is loud, like you can hear me 5 mile away loud :D

Sorry forgot to say, i have also added a Genuine Honda Quickshiter with auto blipper too.
aMFR3CKh.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom