1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bikers What Cam Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by wazza300, Aug 6, 2015.

1. phil675

Mobster

Oh that's not too bad then so you could record a long trip as long as it had a power cable.

2. AndyCr15

Capodecina

I realise this thread is almost a year old, but thought it perhaps better than making a new one.

What options are there currently as a Dashcam alternative for a bike? I have a GoPro, but would like something more permanent, wired into thew power, comes on with the ignition and records on a loop.

As I say, basically a Dashcam, not a helmet cam. Any decent options? Obviously it would need to be quite discreet.

3. IC3

Sgarrista

There was a camera like that on here, but I can't remember what it was called and cba to search. :p

4. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Useful post :p

5. IC3

Sgarrista

I gave him a hint and at least I was honest. :D

There's a search function on the forums, that a lot of people seem to be unaware of. :p

6. AndyCr15

Capodecina

So if I just search 'camera' I should be golden? :rolleyes:

7. IC3

Sgarrista

8. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Great thanks. I'm actually just watching Techmoan's review of that.

**EDIT** I don't see the Pro Biker version someone mentioned before? Very tempted to get the Innovv C3 though. I guess if the main box is under your seat or somewhere safe, it's unlikely the camera will be stolen as they'd have to cut the wire, which kinda renders it useless.

**EDIT2** Are the 120 degree camera with capacitor still available? The C3 isn't even listed for sale on Innovv's own website now?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  9. mattcrane

Hitman

Nextbase Ride?

Its what I am looking at, but before I get it I am trying to work out how to wire it into the BMW CanBus system so the the record with power on function will work.

Although I really like the look of the Innovv twin camera setup but its the same issue with the CanBus if I can work out how to get round it then its a choice between the two of them.

10. .one.

Mobster

Is there anyway to destroy the content immediately like mission impossible.

With any of the cameras.

11. RyanF

Wise Guy

Roadhawk is the one that comes to mind, does pretty much everything you'd just said.

Myself, I'm trying to find a 720p / 1080p camera that I can helmet mount that has decent battery life. Was looking at all the variants of the Hero but not sure what to buy yet.

12. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

Nope, those that have a quick format are easy to get all the data back from.

13. TallPaul_S

Soldato

What do you class as decent battery life? If you want over 2 hours, forget it. You'll have to power it with a powerbank or carry extra batteries.

14. Lakeland

Soldato

You'd want to have an easily accessible card so it could be removed and disposed of.

Thinking out loud here but what about those wifi sd cards? Do they store data on the card and transmit it or do they send all data wirelessly? If it's the latter you could probably go somewhere with that idea..

15. MowyTone

Mobster

You could rig some electromagnets either side of the camera and run them off a switch

16. RyanF

Wise Guy

After some more indepth Googling that does seem the case, might settle for the Hero Session then. Can charge it off one of my powerbanks / at work etc.

17. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

They don't record onto magnetic media.

18. AndyCr15

Capodecina

It's the former...

19. IC3

Sgarrista

That's why I don't like cam's, they can be used against you in some cases. :(

20. Kreeeee

Man of Honour

And with the stuff you do you definitely don't want to get caught!