Bikers What Cam Do You Use?

Soldato

IC3

IC3

Soldato
This is what I ordered, for 55 quid you can't go wrong with this setup... apart from the long wait till it gets to me from China.

rF5uP7Kl.jpg

Edit

@wazza300, just get Xiaomi Yi, you can get it from UK retailer if you don't want to wait, I'm not in a hurry so don't mind waiting and saving over 20 quid. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Ohhhh, I thought you were asking what the camera is like :p

I mounted my Drift wrong on my old helmet. Managed to get it off with a hair dryer and re-used the sticky without a problem :)

Noo, i have the camera :p Just didn't get a bike mount with it lol, i have walked around my house for a few minutes and was impressed with the quality!

May give it a go then!

Soldato
Don't forget, don't line it up with your helmet flat, remember that your helmet will be tilted forwards when it's on, so the camera, if you have the helmet on the floor, would be looking up.

That's if you're mounting it on top. On the side, it's easier.

Edit: in fact, get the twisty roam mount, then you can't get the angle wrong.

Soldato
This is what I ordered, for 55 quid you can't go wrong with this setup... apart from the long wait till it gets to me from China.

rF5uP7Kl.jpg

Edit

@wazza300, just get Xiaomi Yi, you can get it from UK retailer if you don't want to wait, I'm not in a hurry so don't mind waiting and saving over 20 quid. :p

The only thing I didn't like about the Xiaomi Yi was no recording light on the front, but apparently that's been changed now in a leter firmware, the front light changes colour or does something when recording? if so, that could make me buy one!

Edit:

2:15, when recording, the front LED ring flashes. :D
Hmm, there's one on the MM at the moment too...

Last edited:

One

One

Soldato
Cool. Always wanted to do a video. Bought that Xiaomi cam and a handle bar mount. Delivered for less than £50, that's way better than a gopro. I don't want a stupid helmet mounted one though, they stick out like a sore thumb.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
The only thing I didn't like about the Xiaomi Yi was no recording light on the front, but apparently that's been changed now in a leter firmware, the front light changes colour or does something when recording? if so, that could make me buy one!

It does, you also have one at the bottom and one at the top. One reviewer said that Xiaomi liked their lights haha, I'll confirm this info 100% when I receive the kit. But this will be probably in around 3 weeks... shame really as I'm going to some events next week and Poland in October. :(

Soldato
See my edit ;)

The lights on the top and back are so small but the front light flashing is much, much better. I thing eventually once I have a nicer bike i'll end up with a gopro black ed. of whatever model is out as they do have the best video quality, but it's hard to justify £250 on a camera when my bike it only worth 6x that :D

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
See my edit ;)

The lights on the top and back are so small but the front light flashing is much, much better. I thing eventually once I have a nicer bike i'll end up with a gopro black ed. of whatever model is out as they do have the best video quality, but it's hard to justify £250 on a camera when my bike it only work 6x that :D

I was out drying my bike and putting a cover on it, used a 1 of my microfibres and managed to get the whole top pretty dry. I only covered the top of the bike so the bottom dries out, not good covering up wet bits of the bike...

I'm not doing any professional footage, just want something that'll do the job for not a lot of money. Xiaomi Yi seems like an overkill for youtube, as I saw RAW footage and then the same on YouTube. I'll give motovlogging a go, but it'll probably be RJ style I just hate talking whilst riding... apart from raging :D

Associate
I was looking at the footage of my SJ4000 on the ride home, it's much better than I expected or even need I just hate the way it looks on top of my helmet. I'm still in 2 minds whether or not to buy the Xiaomi Yi though as I really want the Innovv C3.

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect power to these cams while still being waterproof?

Soldato
I was looking at the footage of my SJ4000 on the ride home, it's much better than I expected or even need I just hate the way it looks on top of my helmet. I'm still in 2 minds whether or not to buy the Xiaomi Yi though as I really want the Innovv C3.

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect power to these cams while still being waterproof?

Yeah, GoPro shaped cams look awful on the helmet. Best place is on the chin, but that still looks weird. See if you can find a cheap round one, like a Contour Roam2 copy or something.

If you want a bike powered camera then the Innovv C3 is fairly cheap, nice and small and probably one of the best you'll get for that price. I've seen some really nice, almost invisible fittings of it mounted under/by the headlight.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Go pro prices are silly if you ask me

All I'd want is something with reasonable quality footage and as cheap as possible

But that's becuase they were first on the market, they were the ones who started the small action cam market. That's why they're premium in a way, but I personally can't justify such a cost for a little camera which will be used on UK roads. If I lived in Switzerland like Kreee I would probably buy GoPro Hero 4 BE to capture all the cheese, mountains, beautiful blonde sweedish girls and views in general of course. :D

Xiaomi Yi to me is just like a toy to play around with, see how I ride and to possibly capture some weird/funny situations that happen on the road. I wish I had the Xiaomi in some many situation, gold footage that would be.

Associate
Yeah, GoPro shaped cams look awful on the helmet. Best place is on the chin, but that still looks weird. See if you can find a cheap round one, like a Contour Roam2 copy or something.

If you want a bike powered camera then the Innovv C3 is fairly cheap, nice and small and probably one of the best you'll get for that price. I've seen some really nice, almost invisible fittings of it mounted under/by the headlight.

Yeah the Innovv looks great but I really need to save money, just paid a fortune to have the bike looked at and get heated grips. Plus the problem is I already have the SJ4000 and a beat up Ion Air Pro. I can probably fix the Ion air with some epoxy and Sugru and put that on the helmet but can I turn my SJCAM into a battery pack or bike powered camera without compromising its waterproof housing?

Back
Top Bottom