BioShock 2 will hit stores worldwide on Feb. 9

Soldato
Not much of a delay then. :)

BioShock 2 will hit stores worldwide on Feb. 9, 2K Games announced this morning.

The sequel, currently in development for the PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, is set about ten years after the events of the original BioShock.

"Along the Atlantic coastline, a monster has been snatching little girls and bringing them back to the undersea city of Rapture," according to the press release. "Players step into the boots of the most iconic denizen of Rapture, the Big Daddy, as they travel through the decrepit and beautiful fallen city, chasing an unseen foe in search of answers and their own survival."

4ujrpu.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
As much as i enjoyed the first for some odd reason i aint too bothered about the second

Same for me. The story of the first game really gripped me, and how 3 simple words could ruin it for someone who hasn't played. I get the feeling they are going to try and replicate the first, rather than push forward and try something new and exciting in terms of both narrative and gameplay. Yes there will be changes, but in the long run how many will be good?

Caporegime
Loved System Shock 2, hated Bioshock. Don't know what it was about the game I disliked so much but it took me months to finish simply because I couldn't play it for more than 15 minutes without getting bored.

*wants System Shock 3*

Associate
Doesn't look as interesting as the 1st.

Whole game as a big daddy? Naaa...not for me/ :(

Where has the Big Daddy thing come from? The release note says: "Set during the fall of Rapture, players assume the role of a Plasmid test subject for Sinclair Solutions, a premier provider of Plasmids and Tonics in the underwater city of Rapture" and all the screenies i've seen show a bloke playing, not a Daddy.

Soldato
Where has the Big Daddy thing come from? The release note says: "Set during the fall of Rapture, players assume the role of a Plasmid test subject for Sinclair Solutions, a premier provider of Plasmids and Tonics in the underwater city of Rapture" and all the screenies i've seen show a bloke playing, not a Daddy.

If you look at the video posted above, the commentator says you play as a Big Daddy, with upgradeable rivet guns, and other Big Daddy weapons and powers.

Soldato
Playing and absolutely adoring the first one right now. Playing on hardmode and it's ..... HARD. So use to run and gun with previous FPS'ers that I forgot the art of planning my strategy. I off course mean killing the big daddies. Currently in Arcadia and only killed three of them so far as it's so hard getting enough health packs and eve without constantly having to waste them on the splicers. Anyway, will most certainly get this on release.

Soldato

Been a lot of new previews regarding this game over the past week and it's certainly got me looking forward to this even more than I was previously

I'm still not sure how you're meant to connect with the lead character and really care about playing as him when you're actually a Big Daddy but I reckon they'll be a twist where you find out you are a human just encased in a Big Daddy shell or something to that effect

Might actually go down and pick up BioShock on the PS3 today just to replay through it again just to wet the appetite further :)

Soldato
Can't wait for this.

May have another run through. I've completed it 3 times now :D Perfect timing as well what with COD coming out next month gives me a few months to play.

Back
Top Bottom