Biostar Z87X 3D & 4970k not working together

Associate
Hi,

I've bought a used 4790k to replace my 4670k. With 4790k it cannot post and no error code is displayed on Motherboard. Only the vent's spinning. Motherboard is Biostar Hi-Fi Z87X 3D. With 4670k works just fine. I have read that with Asus motherboards with similar problems the solution lies within Intel ME. How can I remove the latest version of Intel ME?

What it means when no code at all is displayed?

I already have the latest's BIOS. The processor is listed withing supported CPU's.

Man of Honour
From the similar thread about the Intel ME I saw, it seems sensible to ask Biostar support how to update the ME to support this CPU.

Associate
OP
Can't be 100 % sure it isn't faulty.
I have asked Biostar support, and they ask me the same question (I was waiting 2 days for that answer and now I'm waiting almost 2 days, so they can ask me another "pointless" question).
I have found an almost identical thread on another forum where the user said he was flashing BIOS wrong (didn't say what he was doing wrong).
When installed, Biostar's BIOS windows programs won't run because of "unsupported bios". Bio-flasher won't even open.

Associate
OP
Yes, by ME I mean the management engine.
I flashed the newest BIOS in a last few days a couple of times. Tseries BIOS Update won't open (run) on my machine, so I flashed with Bio-flasher (F12).
Today I have managed to install Win7 x64 chipset drivers and Intel Management Engine v9 (it was the most recent one until today, I believe v11).
The only thing that's left is to flashed it one more time now when the IME is version 9 and see will it make a difference, but I'm not sure is the F12 method good or is it have to be through Windows?

Man of Honour
update bios, doesn't the ME update via bios?
or is it via app? By ME you mean the management engine right?

the bios star website show the chips use different bios
https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=647#cpusupport

download new here
https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=647#download
I'm not sure on the details, but it appears that the usual flash process often doesn't update the ME firmware, so you have to do something specific to make sure that it does. The manufacturer can provide the software and instructions.

Associate
OP
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! I've needed to flash Intel ME firmware to v9.
But now I have another problem. Temperature of the processor instantly goes to 100°C and in a few seconds/minutes - BSOD.
I'm thinking to gave up on this piece of ****

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom