1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Birth of the Empires "alpha 6" released.

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by SkeeterUK, Jan 25, 2011.

1. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

Birth of the Empires "alpha 6" released. Fan made 4X game.

The Alpha6 Version of BotE (internal version 0.8) has been released!

Hi all. Just thought i'd let everyone know over here that the latest alpha (id say beta really) of BOTE is released.

It initially was a star trek botf remake but due to worries about copywrite they switched to a non trek version but the core game remains the same only races and tech are different.

Their website is located here.
    http://www.birth-of-the-empires.de

The English forums are located at our (botf2) site.
    http://botf2.star-trek-games.com/viewforum.php?f=25

The game is made by SirPustekuchen and is from Germany. The game with the help of the BOTF2 community have it translated into English as well. If anyone is a fan of 4X games and remembers games like Birth of the Federation or similar games then you will probably be well into this game.

Here are some screenshots from the (English) copy of the game:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

See http://botf2.star-trek-games.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4050 for the English version.

Edit - Someone pointed out to me about the English version. Their are two versions one is in English and one is in German.
    Edit 2 - It is one download for German and English version as its multilingual install, just make sure to pick English or German during install. ;)
    Edit 3 - Replaced German screenshots with English version screenshots.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. Tefal

Capo Crimine

look ing at some English screens it looks like gal civ 2

3. Skellig

Hitman

Looks snazzy. I'll wait for the bugs to be ironed out though :)

4. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

Shouldn't be that buggy but if anyone does find any bugs please let the team know on our forums. ;)

5. Gashman

Mobster

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! BOTF was probably one of my favourite games of all time, was so much better than galactic civilisations and what not, just needed to be expanded a bit more! does this have the same snazzy battles as BOTF, please tell me its not just the numbers that appear on most other 4X games! :D

6. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

Im not sure of the battle system, haven't had time to download it yet lol.

7. Nash

Wise Guy

Sucks that it's not with the Star Trek universe :( BOTF was immense, was one of my favourite games ever too.

8. snowdog

Capodecina

Can't ''someone'' (the makers under a different name) make a trek mod for it ?

There's already so many games with so many different types of alien races and stuff...

TBH, an open source remake of BOTF like with openttd (ttd had the same publisher as botf) would be best, simply the same game as always, just without the performance issues after xxx turns, and no bloody crashes...

9. Tefal

Capo Crimine

there's a startrek, starwars and startrek vs star wars mod for gal civ 2 +expansions.

10. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  11. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

Some additional info I obtained from one of the devs of BOTE.

Two things:

1. homepage address is http://www.birth-of-the-empires.de without the .vu at the end. That was the older one which is still referred to the right address but I think with a popup of the free forums hoster we used under that address formerly.

2. "Pick the right setup(!) language during install" may be a more precise hint on how game language is chosen since setup language equals game language.

Snazzy battles as in 3D battles aren't implemented yet, it's just auto-combat, but in a more detailed way than what botf offered in that respect. Botf autocombat didn't have the options you had in botf tactical 3D combat which Bote offers now, just without the 3D combat arena. But it's also not just numbers, the combat simulator running quietly and hidden in the background looks like this:

[​IMG]

It's a full 3d battle running there, just without any modern graphics, only an ASCII-type representation of the battle scene ;).

12. snowdog

Capodecina

Yeah, only BOTF > Gal Civ 2...