Birthday ideas for 14.y.o boy

Soldato
My son is turning 15 in a couple of weeks and we are looking for present ideas for him.

One idea we had was a watch - he doesn't want a smart watch so I was thinking of a retro/classic casio watch.

Are his mates going to take the **** out of him, or are they even remotely cool.

I have no idea what is "down with the youth" so any advice would be great.

Man of Honour
It's your kid, what's he into!?

If he's into retro/classic things and wants a watch then sure, but I'd personally have next to no use for a watch at 15, especially with a smartphone. I think at that age I'd be wanting something like a smartphone, gaming PC, a bike, or go for an 'experience' like indoor skydiving, gokarting, indoor skiing etc.

Failing that see post #2.

Caporegime
It's your kid, what's he into!?

If he's into retro/classic things and wants a watch then sure, but I'd personally have next to no use for a watch at 15, especially with a smartphone. I think at that age I'd be wanting something like a smartphone, gaming PC, a bike, or go for an 'experience' like indoor skydiving, gokarting, indoor skiing etc.

Failing that see post #2.
A smartphone, gaming PC or mountain bike for your birthday. Blimey, how times have changed. When I was 15, I’d get an N64 game and a tenner in my card.

Caporegime
I like how the title says 14 but the post says 15. Op doesn't even know what age his own son is. So I guess that is why he is clueless as to what he should buy him.

Here's an idea. Get to know him and then ask him what he wants. He might actually like you for doing that.

Caporegime
I like how the title says 14 but the post says 15. Op doesn't even know what age his own son is. So I guess that is why he is clueless as to what he should buy him.

Here's an idea. Get to know him and then ask him what he wants. He might actually like you for doing that.

Another piece of high intellect posting by you.

His son is currently 14, as per the title. He turns 15 in a few weeks. 14 comes before 15.

Man of Honour
A smartphone, gaming PC or mountain bike for your birthday. Blimey, how times have changed. When I was 15, I’d get an N64 game and a tenner in my card.

Purely observational, based on the (very) few people I know with kids, I could be way off the mark. I think my 15th birthday was spent in a pizza hut buffet after a trip to the cinema or hollywood bowl :o

Man of Honour
Not a watch. Watches are only fashionable now if they're very expensive and then only amongst some people. It's far more fashionable to use your phone to see the time unless there's anyone nearby who's wearing a watch and who you can ask what the time is because using a watch to see the time is far more convenient than using a phone to do so. Obviously it would be more convenient to wear a watch, but fashion never has to make any sense at all.

If a gift isn't tailored to that person, I think the best gift is money because they can use the money to buy something they want.

Transmission breaker
Don

I take it this post is not serious, and just a poor attempt at sarcasm? Otherwise, wth?!

*Edit*
Oh, no, there is the double down...
Nobody ever says birthday ideas for a 20 year old when it's their 21st coming up.

:o:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom