Bit of advice sought please.

Associate
A customer of myne has purchased a iMac from a local Mac store. Now I'm familiar with Mac OS X 10.6 ( Snow Leopard ) In how it works and things like that.

Now my question comes as he does visit "adult" sites rather frequently and I'm concerned about viruses that he could get. He used to get them quite frequently on Vista. What AV software would you guys / gals reccomend for him?

I know Avast do a Mac friendly Anti-Virus package but I'm wondering if there is any better ones out there. I know the best option would be to say keep of the adult sites, but thats just not going to happen.

Caporegime
He's extremely unlikely to pick up any malware as to date the vast, vast majority (>99% I'd think) is targeted at Windows.

PS lol.
PPS Tell him to visit some reputable sites that aren't full of malware.

Associate
OP
It's just concern on my behalf really, He went up there to have a browse in the local town and ended up buying a Mac. I know that not many virus's are targetted at Mac which is fantastic really as that is prevention in itself. But just incase is there anything available?

Associate
tell him to turn private browsing on while he's surfing for pron, at least he can pretend he hasn't been searching for "duct tape grizzly"

clamxav is free and get's good reviews for those using AV on mac.

Back
Top Bottom