BitFenix Prodigy - slightly lax on the quality assurance!

Associate
So today was happy days, my BitFenix arrived! All was well and I started to install a replacement 140mm fan when I noticed some broken shards of plastic at the bottom of the case...
I though insignificant at first but I decided to check all the fixtures for to see where the plastic broke off from...

Oh dear.

EVERY screw for the handles on to the case (top and bottom) have all been screwed to tightly on poor brittle plastic fixtures. Every single one is either broken or cracked beyond repair (two of the top handle fixtures not present!)

Here are some examples:

photo12.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo1.jpg

The handle slide and lock much like a side panel, with the screws used to prevent the handle slipping back out the slot.

The handles are still attached and I can lift the case with them. A little shoogle also gave me some confidence. However, when fully loaded I am extremely concerned that the case and components will soon drop to a messy doom if I decide to lift or carry it.

Contemplating a return (sigh) to OCUK for a replacement that has been eye-balled before leaving the store...

The hassle of returning the thing in the post could mean I just pick up some epoxy resin and seal it...

Has anyone else seen this? Or am I extraordinarily unlucky?

RJC

RJC

Don
I had the same issue with my case, went through 2 of them, went for a refund after the second one.

The screws are done up to tight and break the plastic, Ocuk may be able to send out new handles.

img0298ds.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Everyone, if you still have this problem, please send us an email to our support team. We offer the free replacements for the broken ones at these points.

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/about/contact/

Please provide us with photos of the damage, the serial number of the case, and a copy of your purchase invoice. We'll also need a shipping address and a phone number for trackings.

Associate
OP
I thought I'd update the thread here. My replacement handles arrived and now I am a happy chappy :D

I'm quite pleased I didnt have to return the whole case.

Back
Top Bottom