BitFenix Shogun for EKWB A240?

Soldato
I'm looking to get an upgrade bundle in the next few weeks, and decided to go all out and get a new case and some water cooling to go with it. My current cheapo case has served me well - a BitFenix Neos(?) £30 mid tower job that was surprisingly nice, and easy to work with.

I want to get the EKWB A240 CPU loop, but obviously need a place to mount the reservoir. Am I right in thinking I can mount the 240mm rad in the roof of the Shogun, and then mount the res at the front on the top 120mm fan mount? That would give me room to expand the cooling to the graphics card when I get around to upgrading that to something a bit beefier. In case you're not familiar, the A240's res bracket is designed so the res can mount onto a spare 120mm fan slot.

The Shogun advertises the rad space (front, roof and rear) but doesn't mention anything about res mounting spaces. The (much cheaper) BitFenix Aurora case conversely, makes a point of saying it has res space and the case even includes its own mount to make sure you can fit the res nicely. The Shogun being more expensive, but not including this statement, made me wonder if I'd missed something. I could save cash and just get the Aurora but it's steel instead of aluminium and doesn't look as nice - especially the front IO.

Basically I want a nice largish case with side window(s), that has plenty of room to work with, cable management, can take an ATX board, has room for at least a couple of drives (in theory I only need an NVMe and a single rust spinner for storage), but crucially that has space for rads and a res. I could spend £150 but obviously cheaper is better if something else equally suitable is suggested. I did spot the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Midi Tower Case, which does explicitly advise it has res mounting options, but it looks quite cheap and nasty in comparison. It's also half the price tbf. So, I invite your comments and ideas if you'd be so kind...

Soldato
I have the Aurora, im pretty pleased with it, but i would say the front and top panels are flimsy and feel cheap, the steel is also on the thin side. i have also noticed that the glue has come away on the top panel mesh on my case. plus points its very easy to build in. also note theres no PSU shroud but that didnt bother me as i wanted to see the suplerflower cheesey leds

Back
Top Bottom