Bitfinex Prodigy - Silent Video Machine

Associate
Hi everyone,

I am looking to build my first computer and the main use will be video editing via Premiere Pro and some basic photo editing via Lightroom.

I usually work late into the night so a silent machine would be a bonus so don't get distracted by the fans going mental.

I am looking for some final advice before going ahead and ordering the following:

Intel Core i7-3770K - I don't intend to OC it but would like to in the future to get some more output if want faster renders.

Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI - OC motherboard for future.

16GB 1600Mhz DDR3 - With only 2 slots it makes sense to max out the RAM from the start?

BitFenix Prodigy - Case looks awesome and should fit under desk without taking too much space. I did consider a ATX build but the cases are just to big and not sure if would make use of extra HHD, SLI setup etc.

Graphics Card - ??? I am not a gamer so looked at the basic GTX 650, GTX650 Ti or at a push GTX 660. Would the basic GTX650 cover my needs for working in Premiere Pro / Lightroom?

256 SSD - OS

1 TB HDD - x3 for data/scratch/archive

CPU Cooler Corsair H60? I am not sure what cooler to get or whether I even need a water cooled system if i'm not OC'ing to the max. I simply want a silent system but unsure if any normal air coolers can fit and/or if they would block the PCI slot or which one to get?

PSU - Silverstonetek ST55F-G / http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=351. Will 550w be sufficient for my needs?

Any tips/advice on selecting the perfect components for my needs would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Man of Honour
you'll need to get a small (size-wise) gpu if you're gonna mount that many hdds.
gt650 should be fine
isnt it better to get 1 big hdd anyway? less noise
550w is plenty

Associate
OP
tamzzy thanks for your response. I take your point on less HDD. Getting a 2TB/3TB and partitioning it for cache, output files from Premiero could work and allow me to take the extra HDD caddy out for more airflow?

Glad to hear 550w is plenty as no point getting a massive PSU if it is not utilised.

Are there any particular GTX650 cards I should be looking at?

Associate
OP
Thanks tamzzy for compiling a list of components.

That GTX650 only has one DVI input so will have a look at the model with 2 DVi so I can do dual screen setup.

Is the Antec Kúhler H2O 620 better than the H60 Corsair? Are these better than any Air coolers within the same price range?

Back
Top Bottom