Black Friday 8Pack approved z170 bundle profile

Associate
Hello, where in the bios do I do this? I have the file on usb. I’ve tried it in the profile menu but when I select the File it tells me it’s invalid?

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Not to worry, Ive managed to load your profile up now and pc running at 4.8 now, just a quick question am I right I’m saying the the cpu throttles down when pc is idle? Or should 4.8 be a consonant on cpu-z. Sorry I’m a bit of a novice at this Overclocking.

Associate
Not to worry, Ive managed to load your profile up now and pc running at 4.8 now, just a quick question am I right I’m saying the the cpu throttles down when pc is idle? Or should 4.8 be a consonant on cpu-z. Sorry I’m a bit of a novice at this Overclocking.

You're correct, will throttle down when idling to reduce load on CPU, you can turn this off but there is no real point in doing so if you ask me.

Associate
You need to load the profile, once it's loaded you exit bios, it will ask you to quit and save or quit without saving, quit and save. The OC will run when you reboot, works a treat very happy with the bundle purchase. Nice bit of kit.

Associate
In my system information it's says 4.2 i assume that's what the cpu is defined as but this is not the current clock speed. Download cpu z and load up YouTube or something to get your cpu working you will see the clock so top out at 4.8.

Man of Honour
ive loaded the profile done that but it still shows 4,2 when you right click my pc

Run a stress test and have cpu-z or some other monitoring software running at the same time so you can see if the clockspeed increases. Windows just shows the cpu's stock speed, Windows 10 does with mine anyway. A properly setup overclock will only kick in when the cpu is under load.

Back
Top Bottom