Black marks in white PLA

Soldato
Ive been printing quite a few items in black pla and then changed over to print in some white pla.

Ive printed 5 prints and apart from one they all have a couple of black marks on the white print. These marks are random and only a couple on each print but of course being a white print they are very noticable.

I Wondered if its black left over filament?, does the nozzle need cleaning or the hotend need cleaning out? My printer is an ender 3 v2.

Soldato
Now I'm not an expert by and means, still looking at buying after all this time.

I do know that at work we have a really large extrusion line, after they run any colours and go back to white/clear they do what is called a purge, this gets rid of any left over material left in the extruder head or when they run another colour you get the old material coming through in flakes/streaks/specks.

I would imagine to some extent this is what is happening, old material stuck in the nozzle, either that or your reel of white has specs of black in it.

Soldato
Ive been printing quite a few items in black pla and then changed over to print in some white pla.

Ive printed 5 prints and apart from one they all have a couple of black marks on the white print. These marks are random and only a couple on each print but of course being a white print they are very noticable.

I Wondered if its black left over filament?, does the nozzle need cleaning or the hotend need cleaning out? My printer is an ender 3 v2.

I get that after using black.

I feed the filament in by hand at a high temp like 230C. Then when I see it coming out the nozzle I pull it out.
Cut off the end and repeat. The filament cleaner is no good.

Back
Top Bottom