Associate
Hello, yesterday my cousin gave me a computer that hadn't been turned on for a very long time, and that computer stood on a black screen and made beeping sounds.
In fact, there are a total of 8 beep signals, but they alternate as follows:

- 1 short ... two seconds pause ... and then another 6 short consecutive ... pause two seconds ... and 1 last short signal!

By the way, the computer didn't have a video card, and I initially connected the monitor to its internal video card on the motherboard.

Then I decided to put an external video card on the PCI-EXPRESS slot, but the result is the same - when I turning on, it still stays on a black screen and emits the same beeping signals. I tried with three different video cards on the PCI-EXPRESS slot, but there was no change.

I finally decided to try a regular older video card that plugs into the standard PCI slot, but the computer again didn't get any picture, and it stood on a black screen and made the same beeping sounds.

I search the Internet for beep codes, but not find any descriptions.

Specifications on this computer: FUJITSU ESPRIMO E3521 E-STAR5

CPU: INTEL CORE 2 DUO E7500 CPU 2930 MHZ

I hope someone help with advice. I want to revive this computer.

Soldato
First and foremost, clear CMOS (or easier, remove CMOS battery for 10 mins or something), default the mainboard and work up from there, and as above, work from one ram module at a time, and if no change, try the other (same deal for ram slots).

CPU fan connected to the fan header marked as CPU and definitely spinning up? (trivial thing, but you never know).

Associate
OP
Yes, of course lastnight I already do it that - reset the CMOS by removing the old battery and went to the store to buy a new battery. I was away for about 3 hours until I went around various stores, during which time the computer was without a BIOS battery, and I think there is enough time to reset the CMOS. But even after I installed the new battery, the result was the same...

I tried to test with only one RAM board. So, then I noticed that the computer behaves differently ... When it has only one RAM board, then the computer does not make these beeping sounds, but still stays on the black screen, and when I turn on the computer, the fan of CPU spins too much fast, and sounds like a turbine, but that's only for about 5 seconds, after which the CPU fan slows down and starts spinning in quiet slow mode.

But when I put in both RAM plates, in addition to the computer emitting these strange beeping signals, then the CPU fan rotated too much fast like a turbine, constantly, did not slow down, and rotated so fast, until I turned off the computer.

These two RAM tiles are absolutely identical, both in brand and model and in frequency, and also they are lined in metal radiators.

The RAM modules are:

Kingston Hyper-X

2 plats x 2 GB
(in total, the two modules make 4 GB)

DDR3 1600 MHZ

Man of Honour
The RAM modules are:

Kingston Hyper-X

2 plats x 2 GB
(in total, the two modules make 4 GB)

DDR3 1600 MHZ

You're aware that when you only have one stick you have to use a specific slot, right?

The motherboard may not support those modules at their rated speed, but it should be able to boot at a slower speed.

The behaviour with one stick sounds more like a normal boot.

Associate
You could try reseating the processor and cleaning any dust on the motherboard including RAM slots using an air blower or a can of compressed air and try again. It's quite an old piece of hardware so the motherboard might have started to behave strangely.

Back
Top Bottom