BLACKBERRY STORM any ideas?

Associate
I've ordered one.... will replace my n95 8gb. Apparently it's shipping on Friday.

Looks really good, most reviews excellent, one report not so but it was pre-release so who knows. Proof is in the pudding and all that.

I have no real expectations but if you look at the advertising Vodafone have ploughed in to it (TV, stupid amount of billboards along the M4 etc) you'd hope it was good.

Will try it with BIS and BES.

Soldato
I'm absolutely 100% getting one of these and replacing my work curve with it, whilst using the contract in an old handset.

I've not yet decided whether I want the £40 for 18 months or £35 for 2 year contract. Given that I'll probably be happy to stick with 600 mins and unlimited texts for 2 years, any reason not to go for that one? Does a 2 year contract mean I could only potentially upgrade on renewal?

Associate
Does anyone know if you can have a Vodafone business contract as a private individual ?

One of there plans for the Storm is more appealing to me as you get unlimited internet, email and land line calls.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone know if you can have a Vodafone business contract as a private individual ?

Yes you can, all be it by being a bit sneaky. I spoke to someone in the Business shop in Birmingham and she said "I just put you down as a sole trader". In my case I just bent the truth slightly and said I was a 'freelance journalist' which is very close to being the truth.

Associate
Storm or iphone thats what im trying to get to grips with at the moment :rolleyes:

think Iphone as my work email is not pushed and I access it through a website using exchange 2003, so seeing as the BB's only really excel in mail apps (and those obvious things missing from Iphone) im leaning towards apple...will try and play with a storm first though, keep wondering how the old clicky screen will feel like

Associate
Storm or iphone thats what im trying to get to grips with at the moment :rolleyes:

think Iphone as my work email is not pushed and I access it through a website using exchange 2003, so seeing as the BB's only really excel in mail apps (and those obvious things missing from Iphone) im leaning towards apple...will try and play with a storm first though, keep wondering how the old clicky screen will feel like

I'm in exactly the same boat. I'm currently siding towards the iPhone too, but that is only because I've used my friend's iphone quite extensively and everyone at work uses one. The iPhone currently can do everything I need, so unless the blackberry storm can wow me enough then I will likely settle for iPhone.

Please report back here with your final decision and findings!!

Associate

If you have a proper Blackberry contract, you can push E-Mail even if you don't run a BES server - you can give it the logon details to the OWA site you use and it'll download the mail that way :)

The new Blackberry software is much better IMO, I've got a Bold and it's so much better to use than the older one like the curve etc etc

I hope the Blackberry Storm lives upto expectations!

Soldato
my works are deciding between the Storm and the 3g iPhone, Iv had the 2g iPhone since launch and while its a fantastic phone the text lag thats been around since v2 is really beginning to frustrate the hell out of me. Iv seen all the glowing press reviews for the Storm but it would be good to here a real persons opinion.

Associate
to be perfectly honest, i think typing will be a little iffy on the storm... its a new idea seems cool but id prefer to buy the bold & let them iron out all the issues on the storm (& if its good buy the next version mid next year)...

which is what i did, got the bold for free for £27pm (18months) with 1200 mins, 1000 texts and free BIS on o2 which is ok i think

Associate
Did you get a free handset with this Spirit? Also, was it the unlimited BIS?

I've just got the same deal (Need to wait till 17th for the phone to be in stock), but slightly more in cost - I'd love to be able to match it to your price :)

Soldato
i have just got my first blackberry(8110) and love it,i dont think i will ever go back to a mainstream phone.
i got 600 mins unlimited text's and free internet browser for £20 a month on o2.
i have been with o2 for a while and haggled like mad to get what i got.

Soldato
question about the GPS

its says for business users you get 6months free Vodaphone find and go, does this mean afterwards it wont work as a GPS unit? or would it just be google maps and no real-time?

Back
Top Bottom